Information Technology | Bellevue, WA, United States
The System Engineer builds, supports, secures, and maintains servers, applications and infrastructure in 24x7 high performance and highly secured tier 4 data centers with a globally disperse customer base. The System Engineer is responsible for a full range of technology including VMWare vCenter, MS Windows Server, MS, clustering, MS SCCM, Citrix, FreeBSD, Linux, & F5 Networks appliances.
- Build, patch, optimize, secure and manage virtual and physical servers on MS Windows, Linux and FreeBSD running Apache, Tomcat, MS SQL, Oracle MySQL and Edifecs applications.
- Refine and optimize monitoring and alerting systems to ensure peak performance, proactive alerting, reporting, and uptime.
- Optimize and refined security systems like IDS, IPS, syslog, log and event management and DLP.
- Evolve and develop methodologies for analyzing infrastructure capacity based on business forecasts, systems and capacity planning. Pro-actively address capacity issues.
- Ensure proper backup and recovery policies and procedures are in place. Improve monitoring, testing, and backup processes to ensure high security of customer data and minimal data loss deltas to support Edifecs SLA’s, DR and BCP.
- Evaluate new technologies and platforms to determine whether their applicability aligns with the business’ needs.
- Troubleshoot and resolve all expedited issues impacting the customers’ and businesses challenges and needs.
- Proactively communicate the status, plan of action(s), and resolution(s) of issues.
- Able to identify, prioritize, and solve complex infrastructure related problems.
- Able to work in a fast paced complex and dynamic 24/7/365 environment.
- Poise under pressure and comfort with ambiguity.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Respond to incidents during business and after-hours. Participates in 24x7 on-call rotation process.
- Demonstrated experience in the following networking concepts:
- Virtualization (VMware VCenter 5.x)
- Directory Services (e.g. Windows 2008+ AD, LDAP)
- Systems (e.g. MS Windows, *NIX, FreeBSD).
- Internet Protocols (e.g. DNS, HTTP, SMTP, SSH, sFTP, SSL).
- Load Balancing web, DNS, SSL and sFTP within and across data centers.
- Knowledge of firewall configuration, load balancers, global DNS and troubleshooting.
- Possesses knowledge of networking concepts (e.g. Systems, Protocols, Directory Services).
- Skilled in light programming, project management of small initiatives, and troubleshooting.
- 5+ years experience
- B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field. Comparable experience can be substituted for educational requirements
Edifecs is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Edifecs will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities who need assistance applying for a job. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.