The Digital Press Junior Operator role is to print customer orders utilizing Digital Printing Presses. The Junior Operator is responsible for learning to operate the digital printing presses, conduct ongoing daily maintenance of the presses, plan for the daily workload, check quality of the printed work on a regular basis, as well as report any issues to the proper personnel.
- Operation of Digital Printing Presses and any associated equipment
- Equipment maintenance procedures
- Minimal equipment troubleshooting procedures
- Perform necessary maintenance to insure print quality and color accuracy
- Clear knowledge of all Digital Press products, form factors, and printing processes.
Skills & Abilities:
- Verbal and written communication across all Digital Press and Finishing teams. Express issues with equipment, quality, or processes through the correct channels.
- Able to work with a team and independently. Work with team members to coordinate daily workload as well as individually be able to operate assigned equipment, pay attention to print quality, solve routine issues, and communicate issues to correct people.
- Able to multitask, work in a fast pace environment, as well as switch tasks at a moment’s notice.
- Participate in any trainings and development programs
- With some guidance is able to lead teams to complete daily tasks and meet department goals
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey key messages
- Comprehensive knowledge of processes and ability to make strong recommendations for process improvement
- Ability to motivate and work well with employees in a positive manner
- Able to assist in various capacities depending on the need
- Guides and mentors other team members
- Prints customer orders using one, two, or more digital printing presses.
- Process and prioritize jobs throughout the day while planning and organizing work to maintain the highest printing uptime on each digital press
- Continuously check print quality and accuracy of customer orders
- Perform daily equipment maintenance and help solve print issues
- Re-stock supplies, consumables, etc.
- Insure that work area is kept clean and organized as well as follow all safety procedures
- Work with all team members to coordinate work as well as refer to the Tech team and Senior Operators for any questions, issues, or help needed.
- Good communication (verbal and written), basic computer skills, ability to work with a team as well as independently, ability to multitask.
- Some experience using digital press printing presses or minimum of six months in a Zazzle work environment.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
*** The Digital Press Operator will be an approximately 3-4 month position with the possibility of transitioning to another role, possibly Leadership or Special Projects, upon the completion of the holiday season. This is an entry level position with room for growth!