Infinite and instant, Zazzle is the only, on-demand retail platform for consumers and major brands, offering billions of retail quality, one-of-a-kind products shipped within 24 hours. Offering the largest library of customizable digital images from world-class brands, Zazzle enables content owners to unlock their entire libraries of content, making it available for purchase and customization by consumers. Through Zazzle’s innovative on-demand retail and technology platform, users can instantly create, customize to fit their personal style, purchase and sell a near infinite array of products online. The company launched in 2005 and is based in Redwood City, California. For more information, visit http://www.zazzle.com/.
Are you one of the best and brightest up and coming engineers? We're looking for highly motivated individuals for an engineering position on the Zazzle core development team. As part of a fast paced organization, this position requires that the candidate be able to work closely with product management, business development, site operations, and quality assurance. The candidate is expected to be a self-starter, a team player, and a strong driver for results and continuous improvement. We're looking for superstar software engineers with a (1) profound passion to innovate, (2) who are motivated by tackling great technological challenges, (3) who want to work beside those just as passionate, and (4) are itching to do the best work of their lives.
- Develop and operate software on all the Zazzle server clusters, including web servers, search servers, and various service/api servers.
- Develop software for all Zazzle workflow systems, tools and batch processes for background processing.
- Scale the server clusters to accommodate the increasing traffic to Zazzle.
- Top notch analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong Java/C#, or other modern OO programming language skills.
- Knowledge of SQL and multi-tier server technologies.
- Knowledge of big data frameworks such as Hadoop, Shark/Spark a plus.
- Experience building any facet of large-scale websites a big plus.
- Bachelors of Science or above in Computer Science or a related field.
Career Development And Training
- Lots of internal tech talks by engineering team members.
- Many opportunities to join various industry conferences.
- Project rotations with lots of opportunity to work on the latest technologies.