Actian transforms Big Data into business value for any organization―not just those with considerable resources. Actian provides transformational business value by delivering actionable insights into new sources of revenue, business opportunities, and ways of mitigating risk with high-performance in-database analytics complemented with extensive connectivity and data preparation. Actian Analytics Platform delivers extreme performance with off-the-shelf hardware, overcoming key technical and economic barriers to broad adoption of Big Data. Actian also makes Hadoop enterprise-grade by providing high-performance ELT, visual design, and SQL analytics on Hadoop without the need for MapReduce skills. Among tens of thousands of organizations benefiting from Actian are innovators using analytics for competitive advantage in industries such as financial services, telecommunications, digital media, healthcare, and retail. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices worldwide. Stay connected with Actian Corporation at www.actian.com or on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
We are in search of an Architect/Principal Engineer to design and develop database engines or software products for multiple platforms and environments. This individual will identify and prioritize architectural requirements, and create design specifications based on those requirements.
- Writes test specifications; conducts detailed design, code, and test reviews; and resolves errors found in testing.
- Develops software architecture and roadmaps for implementation.
- Documents the architecture design.
- Supports field released software; troubleshoots software problems; and isolates and fixes errors.
- Proposes and/or evaluates software changes and prototypes new product concepts.
- Conducts presentations to technical and non-technical audiences and articulates complex technical requirements and designs.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field (Master’s degree preferred) or equivalent experience.
- Requires 10 years of related experience.
- Requires extensive knowledge of software architecture development and design methodologies and procedures.
- Requires knowledge of computer science and engineering methods required to develop company products.
- Requires knowledge of the market and business environment in which company products are sold.
- Requires strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Requires attention to detail to accomplish tasks.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Requires the ability to manage and prioritize work.
- Requires the ability to assimilate and apply up-to-date job-related information and skills in order to develop innovative products and services using new and evolving protocols.