MTS - QA
Do you love breaking software? Do you relish the notion of finding bugs in complex software designed and implemented by top-notch software engineers? If so, Nutanix wants you. We are building a unique game-changing product that will redefine the datacenter and we’re looking for the very best hackers that crave a serious challenge.
Nutanix is bringing the highly scalable, economic datacenter infrastructure of the largest Internet companies (such as Amazon’s EC2) to the marketplace. Based on concepts employed in core infrastructure systems at Google, our converged virtualization product can scale to manage petabytes of data while running thousands of virtual machines and aims to disrupt the multi-billion dollar virtualization industry – eliminating the need for network and SAN storage.
Our MTS-QA team is tasked with test planning, test design and test case development to assess and improve the overall quality of our products. As a member of the QA team you must have experience testing a "systems" product (file systems, storage systems, databases, operating systems, hypervisors, or networking). The ability to think "outside the box" is crucial in designing test cases to adequately and quickly assess the integrity of the product. As an MTS-QA Engineer you will be:
- Conducting requirements and design reviews of new features
- Designing high level test approaches and implementing detailed test plans
- Executing automated and manual tests during product testing phases to find all bugs in your assigned feature area(s)
- Working closely with the Development team to analyze and find root cause of failures
- Filing defects and tracking them to closure
You must have:
- Experience in test plan design and test case development for complex software projects.
- Ability to debug and extend automated tests
- Experience testing a “systems” product (file systems, storage systems, databases, operating systems, hypervisors, or networking).
- Strong systems administration experience in UNIX, preferably Linux.
- Understanding of file system concepts and protocols such as: networked filesystems, logical volumes, journaled filesystems, tiered storage, NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, and LUNs.
- Experience using virtualization technologies such as VMware, Hyper-V, or Xen. VMware is preferred.
In a perfect world you have:
- Experience in testing clustered/distributed systems.
- Experience using and administering projects in a continuous integration framework such as Jenkins/Hudson.
- Experience developing automated tests in one of following programming languages is a plus: Python/Perl/C/C++/Java.
- Ability to leverage open source tools for test development and execution.
Qualifications and Experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field is required.
- Minimum of 3 or more years of Software QA experience.
Nutanix delivers web-scale IT infrastructure to medium and large enterprises with its software-driven Virtual Computing Platform, natively converging compute and storage into a single solution to drive unprecedented simplicity in the datacenter. Customers can start with a few servers and scale to thousands, with predictable performance and economics. With a patented elastic data fabric and consumer-grade management, Nutanix is the blueprint for application-optimized and policy-driven infrastructure.
The Nutanix solution enables easy deployment of any virtual workload, including large-scale virtual desktop initiatives (VDI), development/test apps, private clouds, big data (Hadoop) projects and more. Nutanix customers can radically simplify and seamlessly scale out their datacenter infrastructures with cost-efficient appliances that can be deployed in under 30 minutes for rapid time to value.
The Nutanix Engineering team is led by the same developers and architects who created the renowned Google File System. The company's management team hails from leading cloud, database, virtualization and infrastructure companies, and brings unparalleled experience in developing technologies that fundamentally disrupt multi-billion dollar markets.