Assistant Vice President, Compensation & Benefits
Full-Time Positions | San Francisco, CA
Recommends, plans, develops and manages competitive and cost-effective compensation and benefit plans and programs which support the Bank’s business objectives. Provide general human resources consulting services to Bank employees, as needed.
- Direct the design, administration and management of all Bank compensation and benefits programs and policies, including job evaluations, salary administration, incentive compensation programs, retirement plans, and health and welfare programs.
- Manage the development and implementation of the Bank’s total compensation strategy, including determining competitive labor markets and a pay for performance objectives that support the Bank’s human resources and business objectives.
- Manage the ongoing executive and Bank-wide compensation programs that result in competitive, equitable and motivational performance reward plans, including Bank-wide and specific departmental incentive plans. Provide consultative advice on management and day-to-day utilization of the plans and programs. Manage the administration of the Bank’s executive compensation programs including incentive compensation plans and deferred compensation.
- Manage the development and maintenance of competitive and cost-effective benefit plans and programs that promote the health and welfare of employees and support the Bank’s benefit objectives.
- Manage and administer Bank-wide retirement programs, including non-tax qualified executive retirement plan benefits.
- Ensure that all benefits and compensation operations, plans, procedures and programs are in compliance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations to prevent any undue tax or penalties to employees or the Bank.
- Provide support to financial and legal areas related to compensation and benefits matters, such as SEC filings.
- Prepare materials for the Board of Directors’ Compensation Committee meetings.
- Manage Bank-wide performance management process.
- Review and recommend best practices for the Bank’s compensation, benefits, performance management process and HRIS.
- Provide general human resources consulting services to Bank employees, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in human resources, business, labor economics, or industrial relations with courses in statistics, finance and economics, or equivalent work experience required. CCP and/or CBP designation desired.
- Minimum of seven years of progressively responsible hands-on experience in compensation and benefits management, including, planning, administering, managing, researching and designing of programs. Experience in a financial institution or regulated industry is strongly preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of compensation and benefit planning methods, programs, and plans including base pay, executive compensation, incentive compensation, retirement, health and welfare plans.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable state and federal laws and regulations governing, compensation, benefits, and employment.
- Three years of prior management or supervisory experience is required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Word and Excel, in particular, as well as HRIS systems (e.g., Ceridian) and performance management systems
- Highly developed skills and ability to communicate clearly and concisely, to convey complex subject matter and persuade and influence Bank employees at all levels, ability to work effectively between and among departments and individuals.
- Knowledge of employment, EEO, employee relations, and legal issues strongly preferred.
- Superior interpersonal and communications skills, including writing, presentation, and influencing skills to engender confidence and credibility with complex human resources issues.
- Ability to identify, design, and plan projects involving compensation and benefits services/solutions.
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy to resolve sensitive human resources issues.
- Must be able to maintain awareness of evolving best practices and continuous improvement opportunities in compensation and benefits.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize numerous projects simultaneously.
- Must be strategic, analytical and detail-oriented.
The Federal Home Loan Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. We value and actively seek to recruit, develop, and retain individuals with varied backgrounds and experiences reflecting the full diversity of the communities that we serve. It is the policy of the Bank to comply with all applicable laws concerning the employment of persons with disabilities.