We are currently seeking an Application Architect to join our professional services team. In this client facing role, this person will lead the conceptualization of the detailed solutions implemented using Space-Time Insight’s best in class Situational Intelligence platform supporting GIS visualization, predictive analytics, and data science driving real-time decision making solutions for the Fortune 500 market. This individual will also work with systems integration partners to represent Space-Time Insight on partner led teams advising on best practices, ratifying designs, and performing technical evaluation of delivered solutions. Additionally the Application Architect assists pre-sales with RFP responses, product demonstrations, and development methodology presentations. The ideal candidate will have broad technology expertise coupled with a background in professional services and client-facing skills.
- Design the implementation approach, estimate project plans, and assist implementation with Space- Time Insight's product suite.
- Work with project managers and scrum masters to achieve on-time and on-quality goals in an Agile project environment.
- Serve as a principal technical client advocate and liaison.
- Develop deployment integration architecture and recommend an execution plan.
- Develop and maintain technical knowledge and lead software demonstrations to clients.
- Assist in providing ideas for product enhancements based on client feedback.
- Develop staff to increase core competencies and delivery quality.
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience with some combination of solution architecture, design and estimation, and some technical project management.
- Experience leading teams of 2-5 developers.
- Background in professional services consulting for software or systems integration firms.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with ability to multi-task.
- Bachelor's Degree.
Hands-On technology experience must include:
- ORM technologies such as Hibernate or Oracle Top Link.
- MVC frameworks such as Struts or Springs.
- Message oriented middleware such as JMS.
- Distributed technologies such as EJBs or Web Services.
- IDEs such as Eclipse or NetBeans.
- Web/App Servers such as Tomcat, WebSphere, or WebLogic.
- Single Sign-On technologies.
- JS/Ajax such as JQuery, Kendo, and Angular JS.
- Experience with ETL technologies, a variety of databases and big data, such as Oracle, GreenPlum, SAP BOBJ, BI, and/or HANA.
- Design of real time and near real time applications preferred.
- Implementation of GIS systems using ESRI or Google Earth preferred.
- Willing to travel to project sites in North America.
- Preferred industry background includes Utility, Logistics, Oil and Gas, and Public Sector.
- Predictive analytic and data science packages such as R preferred.