- Build, drive and own product development from concept to launch.
- Responsible for the planning, execution and implementation management of the core engineering deliverables (hardware and/or SW).
- Direct the development team (ID, EE, ME and SW), ODM design partner and 3rd Party resources in the project execution and based on established development priorities.
- Work with the design team to identify key risks and establish risk mitigation and contingency plans.
- Develop, maintain, and track program plan, including schedule.
- Communicate key focus points and next steps to management, engineering, manufacturing, and marketing.
Education and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering.
- 5-7 years experience as an engineering lead or engineering program manager.
- Strong ownership, great leader, and team worker.
- Experience dealing with high volume manufacturing sites and worked with several different ODM partners.
- Experience with cross-functionally managing a diverse group of engineering, operations and marketing professionals
- Strong ability to capture the big picture quickly and focus on key points.
- Proficient at creating and tracking complex development schedules, managing issues and tracking bugs.
- Strong technical background in consumer electronics (handheld device preferred).
- Solid understanding of both software and hardware development lifecycles.
- Hands on experience at Asia manufacturing sites.
- Proven track record for solid and rapid decision making skills.
- Creative problem solving ability.
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 25%).
- Masters Degree Preferred.
- Mandarin language skill.