Research & Development | Clearwater, FL, United States
ThreatTrack is seeking a Java Developer to join our Clearwater Development team. The ideal candidate will plan, develop, test and document systems and applications applying knowledge of programming techniques and computer systems.
- Responsible for analysis, design, development, and unit test in Java.
- Read and write technical documentation and specs.
- Participates in design, and coding activities with other staff members.
- Should be very familiar with Unix/Linux environment.
- Should be very familiar with Java technology and application servers.
- Should have some experience with NoSQL databases, such as Elastic Search, Apache HBASE, etc.
- Web development experience, such as developing applications in Ruby on Rails
- Experience with NodeJS
- Experience with Hadoop (HDFS/Map Reduce) and related tools, such as Hive, Pig, and Scoop
- Experience with Messaging/queueing systems (Kafka)
- Experience deploying core Java applications in a Windows environment.
- Experience deploying core Java applications via RPMs using puppet.
- Experience using Gradle/Maven for package dependency management.
- 3-5 years of experience in core Java development
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to other technical staff members.
- Ability to interface well with Professional Service staff and other non-technical members of the organization.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Must have knowledge of scheduling tools (DBMS, CRON, ETC).
- Must be able to read and write shell scripts.
- Must have experience with source control systems (git).
- Solid analytical and development skills.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience and ability to work in a constantly changing, fast paced, deadline driven environment.
ThreatTrack Security is an AA/EOE/Vets/Disabled employer.