Marketing | Reston, VA, United States
At ThreatTrack Security we help organizations identify and stop Advanced Threats, targeted attacks, and other sophisticated malware designed to evade the traditional cyber-defenses. We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager to join the Marketing team in the DC metro area. The Product Marketing Manager's responsibilities include: developing a thorough technical and functional understanding of ThreatTrack Security’s advanced threat detection and remediation solutions with a primary focus on email malware detection solutions; serving as the primary Subject Matter Expert for Marketing and Sales; content and positioning; understanding competitive products and how they are positioned and messaged; playing a key role in developing product roadmaps; and evangelizing the product line both internally and externally. The product marketing manager will work closely with sales, marketing, and product management.
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer
- Serve as the primary Subject Matter Expert;
- Maintain a complete technical, functional, and business understanding of the features and functions of ThreatTrack Securities advanced threat solutions and be able to present product features to customers and internal audiences;
- Support messaging development, positioning, pricing, packaging and go-to-market plans
- Collaborate with the Corporate Marketing team to develop and execute integrated awareness and demand generation programs that deliver on key objectives including pipeline growth, revenue, awareness and customer satisfaction
- Create sales enablement tools and other marketing content including presentations, datasheets, whitepapers, customer case studies, blog posts and web content
- Conduct thorough market and competitive analyses to identify market opportunities and threats and ensure winning positioning and competitive tactics
- Maintain awareness of competitive offerings and how they are positioned and messaged. Develop marketing strategies for differentiating ThreatTrack Security’s offerings and sales strategies for effectively competing
- Support the product launch process for multiple product lines
- Understand and analyze the needs of the customer base; develop customer case studies; perform win-loss analyses
- Respond to requests from the sales team and ensure timely follow up by all related parties
- Monitor market and industry trends and identify their impact on ThreatTrack’s product strategy
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing programs in achieving their objectives
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain an active company blog that highlights and advocates company products and solutions;
- Self-starter that can work independently
- Track record of product marketing with solid experience and a deep understanding of enterprise email and email security. The successful candidate will have a background in enterprise email security and will know the enterprise architecture and components of solutions, vendors and products within the ecosystem, the types of problems customers encounter, and how customers think about security concerns. Ideally, the successful candidate will understand the current/typical processes used for remediating malicious malware that has affected end points and internal systems. This individual may come from a vendor or a systems integrator, or could be an accomplished practitioner who subsequently put on a marketing hat;
- Experience with Pragmatic Marketing framework
- Strong organizational skills and ability to execute projects quickly, comprehensively and professionally
- Strong ability to learn new technology in a short time;
- Demonstrated ability to create compelling positioning, messaging and packaging, enabling sales and launching products via a direct sales force.
- Proficient content producer including PowerPoint slides as well as written collateral.
- Excellent oral and written communication and documentation, collaboration and presentation skills. Comfortable presenting to both internal and external audiences as a primary face of the product domain for ThreatTrack Security.
- Ability to work effectively under aggressive deadlines and in challenging settings
Education and Experience
- BS/BE in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Desirable: MBA with concentration in Marketing
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in marketing or product marketing roles with a security products company
- Business-to-business and Business-to-Government experience desired
- Experience with security products and services desired but not required