Developing Great Products
WP Engine is looking for Software Developers to join the rapidly growing WP Engine team to solve problems as we build new software products. The types of products and problems the team works on include:
- Building a world class platform and creating automation tools to manage over 120,000 WordPress sites.
- Adding caching, analytics, and profiling functionality that surrounds WordPress making it even better.
- Internal tools that enable the Support, Finance, and Sales teams to do their best every single day.
- Top tier clients include Google, Gap, Allstate, Williams Sonoma, FourSquare and many more.
- Over 36 Million visitors per day served by the WP Engine platform.
- We're thinking every day about the new software the community needs!
Passion for Amazing Software
At WP Engine we believe that building great software begins by building a great culture of software developers. WP Engine’s Engineering team is focused on:
- Writing high scale code that regularly delights customers.
- Growing a passionate, collaborative team focused on challenging each other to be better.
- Steadily adding value to each product through frequent releases.
Requirements for Success
Each team member brings a different set of skills into the mix, but at a baseline everyone is expected to be able to contribute in a meaningful way. The key requirements for Software Engineers at WP Engine are:
- Have experience writing high scale and highly usable web applications (in any language, PHP/Ruby preferred.)
- Be a natural problem solver, have an inquisitive personality, and enjoy the challenge of big problems.
- Be energized by working alongside customers to determine what solution best fits their needs.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills and enjoy working as a part of a team to accomplish goals.
- Get excited by the flexibility and dynamic nature of a startup environment.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or a related field) OR equivalent experience.
For the Software Developers who join the WP Engine team they will be rewarded with:
- A competitive salary
- 100% paid employee benefits (medical, dental, vision, long term disability, and life insurance)
- 401(k) plan
- Relocation assistance is available if you don't already live in Austin (one of the greatest cities in the US)
- Private chef that prepares complimentary daily lunches
- Generous vacation time
- Parking in the heart of downtown Austin and commuter reimbursement
- A beautiful office space and flexible hours to help you balance your work with your life