As part of WP Engine’s rapid growth, we’re seeking Level 1 Customer Support Specialists to join our team. A customer support specialist is a key element within WP Engine and is expected to provide world-class support to our customers over the phone, via support tickets and/or through our live chat system. A customer support specialist is responsible for all customer support issues and that means you'll be the one our customers turn to when they have a problem and helping them should be your top priority. You'll need to apply creative problem-solving techniques to identify the source of problems while at the same time keeping the customer updated so they know you're working to get things running again. To be successful, you'll have to take the initiative to learn about the customer, understand their problem, and determine the best way to fix it.
Every website is different, so you'll need to be well-versed in all the parts and services involved in running a website. WordPress is at the top of the list, but you'll need to be familiar with plugins, database servers, DNS, FTP, SFTP, and SMTP to name a few. There are many aspects to this role but if you had to summarize it, you love WordPress and you love delivering world-class support and creating world-class experiences and outcomes for customers.
Requirements for Success
- One to two years experience working in technical support or a customer service position.
- Technical aptitude. You have strong troubleshooting skills and are able to easily identify problem.
- Basic knowledge of WordPress. You have built, installed or supported a WordPress site.
- Basic knowledge of DNS. You should know what a CNAME and an A Record is.
- Basic knowledge of Network fundamentals. This means you know what a traceroute is and can use ping.
- Basic knowledge of FTP. If you know what SFTP is and why you should use it, that's even better.
- Basic knowledge of WordPress Plugins and Themes is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of linux command line and SSL.
- Able to type 50 - 60 WPM.
- You must love talking to customers. You're a people person and you don't dread when the phone rings. You look forward to helping the person who just called you for help.
- While you can help the customers, it's also about helping each other. Teamwork isn't something you just talk about, you believe it and help keep it going.
- You can handle multiple tasks and prioritize work in order. That means handling multiple tickets at once and you can tell which ones should be taken care of first.
- You like to take detailed notes of what you're doing so others can see what steps you've taken to help the customer. We work as a team and having detailed notes is helpful for everyone.
- You're a great communicator, whether written or spoken. As the most visible part of the company, it matters what you say and how you say it.
- You have a passion for WordPress and have a desire to learn.
- A competitive salary
- 100% paid employee benefits (medical, dental, vision, long term disability, and life insurance)
- 401(k) plan
- Relocation assistance is available if you don't already live in Austin (one of the greatest cities in the US)
- Private chef that prepares complimentary daily lunches
- Generous vacation time
- Parking in the heart of downtown Austin and commuter reimbursement
- A beautiful office space and flexible hours to help you balance your work with your life
As a US employer, WP Engine is required to verify all employees, regardless of citizenship or national origin, are eligible to work in the United States.