As part of WP Engine’s rapid growth, we’re seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team. This Senior DevOps Engineer will have the opportunity to work together with a diverse team of Linux, PHP, and WordPress experts to keep things running 24/7. To be a fit for this position, you must operate and thrive in fast-paced company and regularly take the initiative to do the right thing.
The Senior DevOps Engineer is a critical position for our company as you’ll be responsible with the daily operations and support of the servers and services that make WP Engine one of the top managed WordPress providers.
- You’ll be managing release of code from Development into Production on a regular basis.
- Running and growing a high availability server environment is something you’ve done before and love.
- You’ll be helping to take existing processes and automation and improving them.
- You’ll leverage your extensive experience to improve and refine our service monitoring.
- You’ll be using Linux, Nginx, Varnish, memcache, Apache and MySQL on a daily basis and they’re all second nature to you.
- You’re an expert at writing scripts to do repetitive tasks; Automation is key.
Requirements for Success
- You’re an expert at PHP programming for service operations.
- Can get around in Git and Github
- Demonstrable experience in at least one OS, we use Ubuntu, but if you’re proficient in one (Redhat Enterprise, CentOS, FedoraCore, etc.) or multiple it’s just a matter of finding the equivalent command
- Solid experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as DNS, Apache, MySQL, NGINX, PHP-CGI, Varnish, memcache, HAProxy, iptables
- Knowledge or UNIX/Linux shell scripting
Pluses, but not required:
- Practical working experience in configuration management (Ansible, Chef, etc.)
- WordPress experience is a major plus
- A competitive salary
- 100% paid employee benefits (medical, dental, vision, long term disability, and life insurance)
- 401(k) plan
- Relocation assistance is available if you don't already live in Austin (one of the greatest cities in the US)
- Private chef that prepares complimentary daily lunches
- Generous vacation time
- Parking in the heart of downtown Austin and commuter reimbursement
- A beautiful office space and flexible hours to help you balance your work with your life
As a US employer, WP Engine is required to verify all employees, regardless of citizenship or national origin, are eligible to work in the United States.