As part of WP Engine’s rapid growth, we’re seeking Support Engineers (Level 3) to join our team!
Are you a consultant who builds WordPress sites for customers because you love how much you can customize the site while keeping it easy to use? Do you find yourself needing to know about every part of WordPress and how to make it better, faster, and more secure?
Every day the WP Engine Level 3 team tackles incredibly interesting and challenging problems across our customers’ WordPress sites and our proprietary WordPress hosting platform, and we do it all with cutting edge technology.
WP Engine is looking for outstanding people who are passionate about WordPress, providing the best customer experience, and making a real-world impact to some of the biggest companies in the world. At WP Engine, we are building the world’s leader in WordPress Hosting and have enabled millions of visitors to enjoy the fastest and most secure WordPress sites on the planet. The best part is that we’re just getting started, and we need you to help us take things to the next level!
Requirements for Success
- Advanced knowledge of WordPress, its plugins and themes
- Advanced knowledge of networking fundamentals such as DNS, SFTP & TCP/IP
- Advanced level of experience with Linux based systems
- Advanced MySQL knowledge. Advanced level of experience with SSL configuration & implementation
- Familiarity with nginx & Varnish a definite plus
- Excellent ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work
- Possesses good written and verbal communication skills; bi-lingual skills are a plus
- Passion for service is a must
- Expert troubleshooting of WordPress, MySQL & Linux server issues
- Provides consulting services to customers with regards to building solutions to meet customer needs
- Responsible for technical aspect of customer visits both in the office and at customer locations, includes presentations
- Handles level-appropriate customer support requests via the ticket system
- Creates and maintains customer loyalty by serving customers above and beyond their expectations
- Empowered and self driven; ability to manage position without direct supervision
- Mentors customer support specialist II
- Requires 4 years experience in WordPress development or support
- Junior level or higher Linux system administration experience a plus
As a US employer, WP Engine is required to verify all employees, regardless of citizenship or national origin, are eligible to work in the United States.
- Competitive salaries
- 100% paid employee medical and dental coverage
- 100% paid short and long-term disability
- 100% paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Generous vacation time
- 24/7 parking in the heart of downtown Austin
- Commuter reimbursement
- Delicious snacks and regular catered lunches
- A beautiful office space with lots of natural lighting
- Flexible hours to help you balance your work with your life