Director, Product - Predictive Analytics
Click here to see all openings!
Velocify is one of the fastest growing software-as-a-service companies in the country, providing the market-leading solution for intelligent sales automation and cloud-based telephony. Velocify’s software is designed for high-velocity sales environments and helps sales teams be much more productive and successful by driving rapid lead response, increased selling discipline, improved productivity, and actionable selling insights.
Velocify has grown fast by hiring an exceptional team and by fostering a unique and vibrant company culture that rewards and nurtures extraordinary talent. In addition to exceptional HR benefits the company provides a well-stocked kitchen, a casual working-environment, a TV/games room, and has a thriving company-sponsored social calendar.
Director, Product - Predictive Analytics
Velocify is looking to hire a Product Director for Predictive Analytics to be responsible for identifying, defining and executing on new opportunities in the realm of predictive analytics and big data. As part of the Product Team, you will work in collaboration with Product Managers to define the opportunity, build prototypes and take those prototypes into well-defined products. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work across teams in collaboration with product management, engineering, product marketing and business development. You will also serve as the external evangelist for Velocify’s products, working with the sales channel and key customers.
- Work with product management, account managers, customers, and executives to understand business needs and develop actionable analytical solutions to those problems.
- Oversees design, develop and implement data driven solution using machine learning technologies and advanced statistical methods to address business problems
- Evaluate current state of the art as well as consider novel algorithmic solutions to product requirements; evaluate applicability of those solutions.
- Own every step from initial discovery and scoping, data preprocessing, model training/selection, prototyping and working with engineering to build and deploy predictive analytics solutions.
- Perform data studies and data discovery for new data sources or new uses for existing data sources.
- Work with product managers, engineers and data scientists to translate prototypes into production
- MS/PhD. degree in Statistics, Mathematics, CS, Physics or equivalent/related degree.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in predictive analytics, machine learning, or data analysis, preferably in a sales & marketing setting.
- Ability to translate high-level requests, problems, and goals into specific analysis action plans
- Strong breadth of knowledge of predictive analytics/statistical modeling/data mining algorithm. Must have working experience in some/all of the following: logistic regression, support vector machines, decision trees, model ensemble methods, clustering techniques, time series, etc.
- Proficiency in at least one statistical analysis tool such as Python (scikit-learn), R, and/or WEKA.
- Familiarity with a sufficient range of tools to work a problem from beginning to end, including data manipulation (SQL, Postgres) and scientific programming (Python, R).
- Understands the principles of experimental testing and design, including population selection and sampling.
- Ability to communicate complex results in a simple and concise manner.
- Great Place to Work - Velocify has been named as “Best Place to Work in Los Angeles” by the Los Angeles Business Journal for 3 consecutive years and maintains a better than 4 star rating on Glassdoor.com.
- Well-Funded and Financially Rock-Solid – Velocify is venture backed, having raised over $20M from Tier 1 VC-firms. Despite having these cash assets, Velocify has also been profitable for the past two years.
- Hyper-Growth – Velocify is an “Inc 5000” member as one of the fastest growing private companies in America and has been listed on the Deloitte Fast 500 list for the past 3 years as one of the fastest growing technology companies in America.