If you like working in a small and fun startup environment, take full ownership and responsibility to deliver tangible results, Insightly is the right place for you! We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer, to join our Engineering team. In this role, you will work closely as part of a smart and collaborative team that is developing highly scalable cloud based CRM services for small and medium businesses. You understand the importance and impact that good operations can have on the product, and the positive ripple effects that it can have across the entire engineering organization.
- Liaison between Engineering and Operations team.
- Design, scale, and automate Insightly’s infrastructure’s
- Build and maintain server and network configurations in the cloud using AWS
- Manage build and deploy software applications to various environments.
- Build tools to help automate and streamline our continuous integration systems.
- Owner of CI servers, push button deploys, time series data stores, metrics dashboard, centralized logging, etc.
- Implement best practices for production system stability and growth
- Support, troubleshoot, and maintain production and multiple other environments across multiple data centers and providers
Required Skills :
- B.S in CS / related field or equivalent experience.
- Great programmer in either C#, Ruby, Python, Java or Perl. Ideally have contributed code to open source project.
- Experience with AWS and AWS architecture design for scalability ( EC2, ELB, S3, Cloudwatch, RDS, VPC,etc)
- Expertise in at least one configuration management system, such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible or cfengine.
- Written vast amounts of code and solved multiple problems by automating their way out of them.
- Strong experience with cloud virtualized infrastructure
Desired Skills :
- Mercurial or other DVCS experience
- Experience with IIS, Memcache, SQL Server
- Production Log management
- Metrics and monitoring -- writing custom tools and familiar with options like Nagios or Ganglia
- Experience with TeamCity and Octopus Deploy
- Experience with Elastic Search and HAProxy
About Insightly :
More than 400,000 users in 100 countries rely on Insightly’s intuitive cloud-based CRM project management solution to track customer interactions and manage contacts, proposals, opportunities, projects and files. Insightly’s service integrates seamlessly with Gmail and Outlook 2013, and it has consistently ranked as the No. 1 CRM application on the Google Apps Marketplace. Insightly recently concluded a series B financing round and is backed by Emergence Capital Partners, Cloud Apps Management LC, Sozo ventures, and True Bridge Capital Partners. We are based in San Francisco and conveniently located close to Muni, Bart, and Caltrain. We provide competitive compensation packages, stock options, full medical and other benefit.