It’s an exciting time to work at Xtime. Every day consumers and automotive dealers connect with each other using our software. Whether it’s scheduling service appointments through a variety of devices (web, mobile phone, in-vehicle), looking up the repair history for your vehicle, or finding prices or promotions for repairs and maintenance, our ServiceCRM product has not only revolutionized the way people look for repair and maintenance services, but is also transforming how consumers, dealers, and manufacturers interact. Xtime is leading that transformation.
Xtime is seeking an experienced Build / Release Engineer to join our innovative team to work in a collaborative environment. This individual will drive the tooling required for continuous delivery and deployments. At Xtime, we empower each individual to succeed, communicate his or her ideas, and take action. When you work here, you know your contributions will have a direct and immediate impact on the company. We are serious about creating and maintaining a company culture that is both innovative and fun, and we're looking for great people to come join our team.
As a Build/Release Engineer, you will be responsible for the strategy and execution of the build, configuration, and release management process for the core platform. The ideal candidate will be:
- Highly motivated individual with a passion for designing systems to build & deploy a suite of software products.
- Able to communicate ideas, alternatives, and solutions
- A creative problem solver
- Self-directed and operate effectively in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Jenkins, Ant/Maven & Nexus
- Perforce, SVN and the Atlassian product suite on Linux platforms.
- Java & related technologies, Python
- JBOSS, Tomcat, Apache, mod_jk
- Oracle PL/SQL, Hibernate
- Strong knowledge of source repository administration (svn) & experience utilizing software build/configuration tools such as Hudson/Jenkins, Maven and Ant is essential.
- Strong scripting language skills on the Linux platform: Bash Shell, Python, or Perl.
o Continuous integration builds
o Managing multiple configuration files in multiple deployment environments.
o Managing multiple releases in multiple deployment environments.
o Deploying variety of artifacts web/enterprise applications/pl-sql.
o Manage complexities of Partial deployments & work with tools to handle the same.
Experience with svn or other leading source control systems
In addition, having the following knowledge base will only further strengthen your ability to be successful.
- Building artifacts as RPM targets to the Linux platform
- Working knowledge with load balancers & mod_jk
- Experience with other tools: Chef, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence, Crucible
- Experience with setting up Static Code Analysis
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience.
- 3 - 5 years of build/release experience