Professional Services | Foster City, CA, United States
Zuora is a hot, venture backed startup pioneering the subscription billing industry, with an impressive customer list that includes HP, Dell, Financial Times, Reed Business Information and Box.net. Zuora is built from the ground up by SaaS industry visionaries and veterans from salesforce.com, WebEx, Accenture and Oracle and our investors include Benchmark Capital, Shasta Ventures, Index Ventures and Marc Benioff, CEO of Salesforce.com. Here at Zuora we pride ourselves on having the best customers, the most impressive investors, the most comprehensive ecosystem, and the only true SaaS based application leading the subscription economy.
Our fast-paced SaaS organization is based in Foster City, CA and we are currently growing rapidly worldwide. We are searching for high energy, results-oriented Solution Consultants, with the ability to design, develop and deploy custom solutions for our clients. This position requires very strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively with end-users, fellow developers, members of the Zuora Professional Services, and technical and non-technical management teams.
What you get to do:
- Design, develop and implement high-quality code in order to meet project expectations and deadlines.
- Independently own development projects through all life cycle phases (Java, PHP, Ruby, .Net and Python)
- Learn to be a subject matter expert in the area of subscription billing
- Collaborate on several, concurrent projects, which could include coding and design, coordinating new releases, or documenting projects.
- Utilize your excellent problem solving skills to meet business requirements with technical solutions.
- Develop and test programs that are easily maintainable.
- Work with your Solution Architect and other team members to ensure proper application of all phases of the systems development life cycle (SDLC), and that completion dates are met.
This is a full-time position.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related major
- Previous consulting experience implementing software solutions a plus!
- Familiarity with Java, XML and JSON.
- Solid understanding of object oriented technologies to develop software applications.
- Ability to accurately scope, plan and estimate level of effort for tasks, with appropriate balance of risk and effort
- Demonstrated strength with complex problem decomposition
- Ability to work well with a team of highly talented software professionals in a rapid development environment
- Experience in an Agile development environment preferred.
- Very good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies
- Willing to work in a fast paced startup environment
- APEX quoting experience is a plus
- Salesforce experience is a plus