Web Developer – Full Stack
Matterport’s 3D vision system is an end-to-end suite of products that allows users to create interactive 3D models quickly and automatically. Our product offering includes a camera, an iPad app, cloud vision processing technology, a web portal for managing and sharing 3D models, and a 3D player application for viewing and annotating 3D models. Role and Responsibilities:
We are looking for an experienced full-stack web developer to lead the server side of our technology, including all of Matterport’s web development and cloud workflow. We’re building innovative hardware and software into our cameras, but our cloud processing and website are where it all comes together as a complete product.
The ideal candidate is excited by new technology, thrives on new challenges and is motivated to deliver world-class new product. Responsibilities include:
- Working as part of a small team to design and deploy phenomenal web applications and platforms.
- Developing a full-featured website and API where users can access, interact with, and share their 3D models.
- Greatly expanding and enhancing our current web and server infrastructure.
- Working closely with Product Management, and Marketing to enhance the user experience.
- Helping to lead the design, implementation and deployment of new features to improve the speed and functionality of our web applications.
- 5+ years’ experience designing and delivering scalable full-stack web solutions.
- Experience developing for cloud services such as AWS.
- Experience with web frameworks such as Django or Ruby on Rails.
- Delivered production Python code, and experience writing code in multiple languages, such as Python, Ruby, C++, or Java.
- Experience with front-end frameworks like AngularJS is highly desired.
- The ability to ensure cross-browser and platform compatibility for developed features.
- A working knowledge of responsive design principles.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision and take initiative and ownership in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or a similar field preferred.