Engineering | Sunnyvale, CA, United States
PLUMgrid is pioneering new innovations in virtual networking and SDN/NFV to deliver cloud infrastructure solutions that transform businesses everywhere. Recognized by multiple industry awards for best for shows and Top 100 in data center and cloud categories, PLUMgrid is one of the hottest start-ups in Silicon Valley with thought leading R&D, marketing, and sales talent.
Founded in 2011 by industry veterans in networking, software, and semi-conductor, PLUMgrid is privately held and headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA with locations in US, Europe, and Asia. Backed by top-tier venture capital firms, PLUMgrid is growing rapidly and expanding global presence.
PLUMgrid DevOps Engineers are skilled and talented professionals who are able to use best-of-breed software to streamline large scale deployments of physical and virtual machines. You will enjoy being part of an extremely talented, motivated team interacting with both business and development counterparts to capture key marketing requirements and translate them to software valuable for our Customers.
- Develop internal tools and write custom integrations for cloud deployments
- Maintain and refine operating system installation and configuration automation processes
- Identify and recommend new technologies, both proprietary and open source that will further benefit our systems and network operations
- Participate in the development of internal tools to create a unifying data-center operations solution that our customers can consume. The solution will use best-of-breed configuration automation tools to integrate with third-party and open source virtualization solutions.
- 2+ years of experience in networking, systems, or cloud administration in large scale environments
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Juju and deployment management tools such as Cobbler or PXE and Kickstart
- Experience with virtualization technologies: Openstack, VMware, AWS, libvirt, Xen, KVM, LXC
- Experience with distributed file systems: Ceph, NFS, ISCSI, GlusterFS
- Ability to configure just about any *NIX based app (Apache, Tomcat, nginx, PostgreSQL, Nagios, Graphite, Splunk)
- Experience working with Linux HA stack: pacemaker, corosync, keepalived
- Demonstrate proficiency in Python and/or Ruby development
- Working knowledge of git and code management
- Authentication protocols such as LDAP and Radius
- Data Center Architecture - Network, Servers, Storage
The ideal PLUMgrid Engineer will have experience developing and delivering complex 'enterprise grade' mission-critical network virtualization systems for data center customers. The successful Candidate will be an enthusiastic self-motivator, which is an absolute MUST in a start-up environment. They will have a high customer and product delivery orientation, with the ability to both understand “big picture” issues AND to drill down to detail.
- Career. This is an opportunity with the potential for tremendous professional and financial gain.
- Camaraderie. Join a team of people like yourself, with a strong track record of achievement -- and the will to transform the business landscape in one of the world's largest addressable markets.
- Leverage. Implement your success DNA and enjoy the personal satisfaction of executing upon your own best practices -- and driving a game-changing scalable business model.
- Once-in-a-Lifetime. Experience transformational products and solutions -- Solving some of the largest business challenges in the market... in the world.
All PLUMgrid team members are proactive team players, respectful of our colleagues and customers. We have the embedded understanding that individual success comes only from team success.
Team success is a product of PLUMgrid customer success.