Minted is looking for a software engineer who loves applying machine learning techniques to a wide variety of commerce and community problems, in a way that allows human intelligence and computing power to produce better results than either alone could have achieved. What you'd be doing:
What we are looking for:
- Apply machine learning and NLP techniques to help our consumers explore, find and buy the best products on Minted.com.
- Build next generation of product recommendation engines and provide a personalization experience to the Minted.com user.
- Improve relevancy of Search algorithms on Minted.com.
- Apply gaming techniques to increase engagement and virality of the Minted Design Challenges, and build an effective rating/review system.
- Develop techniques to deal with trust & safety, infringement, fraud, spam and low quality products in a Marketplace.
- Apply NLP techniques to help/faq content, and email/phone/chat communication to improve our SLAs for customer service.
- Work with product managers, user experience designers, data analysts, and marketing to implement visualizations and intuitive human-centric controls for the software that you build.
- Work with Python, MySQL
About Minted Engineering :
- Desire to build great products by building expert algorithms and writing great code
- Passion for automation and optimization through machine learning techniques
- Experience working with basic machine learning and nlp tools like text parsers, sentence tokenizers, classifiers, scoring etc.
- Emphasize on collecting metrics, instrumenting systems, running experiments and building prototypes.
- 1+ year experience coding in Python
- 1+ year of developing production-quality machine learning code
- 3+ years of experience as a software developer utilizing object oriented languages
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Strong computer science fundamentals (data structures and algorithms)
- Knowledge of scalable distributed systems and service oriented architecture is a plus
Minted is one of the 10 most in demand startups for Engineers