Minted is looking for a software engineer who loves applying machine learning techniques to a wide variety of commerce and community problems, in a way that allows human intelligence and computing power to produce better results than either alone could have achieved. What you'd be doing:
What we are looking for:
- Apply machine learning and NLP techniques to help our consumers explore, find and buy the best products on Minted.com.
- Build next generation of product recommendation engines and provide a personalization experience to the Minted.com user.
- Improve relevancy of Search algorithms on Minted.com.
- Apply gaming techniques to increase engagement and virality of the Minted Design Challenges, and build an effective rating/review system.
- Develop techniques to deal with trust & safety, infringement, fraud, spam and low quality products in a Marketplace.
- Apply NLP techniques to help/faq content, and email/phone/chat communication to improve our SLAs for customer service.
- Work with product managers, user experience designers, data analysts, and marketing to implement visualizations and intuitive human-centric controls for the software that you build.
- Work with Python, MySQL
- Desire to build great products by building expert algorithms and writing great code
- Passion for automation and optimization through machine learning techniques
- Experience working with basic machine learning and nlp tools like text parsers, sentence tokenizers, classifiers, scoring etc.
- Emphasize on collecting metrics, instrumenting systems, running experiments and building prototypes.
- 1+ year experience coding in Python
- 1+ year of developing production-quality machine learning code
- 3+ years of experience as a software developer utilizing object oriented languages
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Strong computer science fundamentals (data structures and algorithms)
- Knowledge of scalable distributed systems and service oriented architecture is a plus
About Minted :
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Minted is a design marketplace that connects you to the world’s best independent artists to create something one-of-a-kind. The company’s art, stationery, and textiles products have reached over 40 million homes worldwide. Minted is funded by Benchmark Capital, IDG Ventures, Menlo Ventures, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Norwest Venture Partners, along with angels Marissa Mayer, CEO of Yahoo!, Jeremy Stoppelman, CEO of Yelp, and Yishan Wong, former CEO of Reddit
Minted is one of the 10 most in demand startups for Engineers