Reporting to the VP Marketing, the Weddings Marketing Director is responsible for end-to-end marketing for the wedding category on Minted. This position is responsible for managing cross-functional activities including consumer and trade marketing strategies, brand awareness, brand differentiation, customer acquisition, lifecycle marketing, customer lifetime value, and partnerships. We are seeking an entrepreneurial generalist who possesses very strong influencing and leadership skills required to drive cross-functional teams.
About the company:
Minted is a social commerce site, crowd-sourcing graphic designs and art from a global design community and selling those as printed paper products, initially focused on the $10 billion stationery and $48 billion art markets. Combining community with commerce, Minted was founded by a successful serial entrepreneur and has been featured on the Today Show, Wall Street Journal, InStyle, Real Simple, Martha Stewart Weddings, Daily Candy, TechCrunch, and many other national media outlets. Minted is backed by Technology Crossover Ventures, Benchmark Capital, IDG Ventures SF, Menlo Ventures, and angel investors including Marissa Mayer, Jeremy Stoppelman, and Kevin and Julia Hartz. Located in downtown San Francisco, Minted is comprised of an experienced and entrepreneurial team. We come from Google, Amazon, Microsoft, eBay, Yahoo, Goldman Sachs and numerous disruptive startups. This is a great opportunity to learn from a stellar executive team and work on a world-changing product, all supported by a proven business model.
Key responsibilities include:
- Own revenue and traffic for the wedding decor category, massively scaling one of our largest categories.
- Develop the wedding marketing strategy, including brand awareness, customer acquisition, customer lifecycle marketing, personalization, trade marketing programs, distribution and brand-building partnerships, and a full multi-channel plan supported by the marketing channel teams.
- Prepare and maintain a budget model, revenue, and traffic projections for the category.
- Analyze spend, channel mix, and marketing performance from end-to-end within the category.
- Own creative and targeting optimization across channels for the category, building a body of knowledge about the wedding customer via rigorous testing.
- Educate the cross-functional team with data-driven customer insights to improve marketing and the overall customer experience.
- Serve as an advocate for the wedding customer within Minted.
- Ensure excellent execution of marketing campaigns and programs across all channels, including project timelines, spend, ROI, promotions, messaging, merchandising of key products, segmentation and targeting strategies.
- Plan weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual traffic, spend, and sales across all channels and ensure that channel teams have the resources and plans in place to meet the category’s goals.
- Work with CRM marketing team to define the wedding customer lifecycle and build personalized, automated customer communications and experiences.
- Own competitive marketing analysis, including competitive positioning, promotions, channel strategies, campaign timing, and strategic opportunities and threats.
- Launch and grow the wedding business in international markets.
- Liaise with online merchandising to develop creative promotion strategies and seasonal editorial calendars.
Skills and experience required:
- 8+ years of experience in marketing, product management, general management and/or professional services (strategy consulting, private equity or investment banking)
- Experience with consumer ecommerce preferred
- Proven track record of launching and/or scaling businesses
- Exceptional analytical skills, including the ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, and develop recommendations
- Strong intuition for (and interest in) positioning and selling wedding products to consumers
- Strong project management skills and a track record of on-time delivery
- Strong leadership and influencing skills, including the ability to direct resources who do not report directly to you
- Creativity, ability to come up with new and compelling campaign ideas
- Comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment, with its fast pace and fluid nature; comfortable delivering results with a small, lean team
- Obsessive detail orientation
- Fanatical commitment to our customers, our community of designers, and our premium brand
- BA or equivalent is required. MBA or advanced degree is highly desired.
- Passion for shopping, design, style, weddings, entertaining, and staying on top of wedding trends