Information Technology | Mountain View, CA, United States
We have an immediate opening for a DevOps Engineer. You’ll have a chance to work on our production cloud infrastructure, deployments, and software development.
Appcelerator’s DevOps team is central to our ability to deploy code and manage large scale cloud infrastructure. You are the type of person who knows how to manage multiple competing projects and work across the organization to ensure success.
- Work closely with the engineering and product management teams
- Ensure security, reliability, and scalability of the production infrastructure, systems and applications
- Implement, administer, and maintain our databases, local servers, and cloud-based servers including provisioning, backups and restores, upgrades, and monitoring
- Strong experience with cloud-based provisioning, monitoring, and troubleshooting (preferably Amazon Web Services, OpenStack, or VMware)
- Experience designing and maintaining a cloud-based highly available (HA) and scalable architecture
- 1-5 years of direct experience in various DevOps department functions
- Experience with system management automation tools like Chef or Puppet
- Experience with NoSQL databases (preferably MongoDB)
- Experience with one or more programming languages such as Ruby, Python, Perl, Node.js, Java, or C/C++
- Experience in a fast-paced start up environment where DevOps solutions are critical to business success
- Minimum Bachelors degree in Computer Science, IT, or equivalent experience
- Experience working with geographically diverse teams in Asia or Europe
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
Mobile apps are fast replacing web applications as the way we buy, share, search, learn and collaborate. Appcelerator® helps companies solve for this new mobile reality: delivering native cross-platform apps at the speed of web, mobilizing any data source, and driving success with real-time analytics – all from an open, cloud- based platform. With the Appcelerator Platform, companies can eliminate point tools to scale mobile across the enterprise, drive innovation by unlocking backend data sources for new app capabilities, and measure the overall usage and success of the entire mobile app portfolio. Appcelerator also provides an award-winning open source mobile development environment, Titanium™. With over 70,000 mobile apps deployed on over 210 million devices, Appcelerator’s solutions are backed by the world’s largest mobile ecosystem, including more than 630,000 mobile developers and hundreds of ISVs and strategic partners, among them Accenture, Cognizant and CSC. More than 70% of Fortune 100 enterprises count on Appcelerator for their mobile success. To learn more, visit www.appcelerator.com
If you are in search of an opportunity for a company that fosters innovation and creativity, while delivering cutting edge mobile technologies, then visit jobs.appcelerator.com to learn more about our open positions and submit your resume today.
Appcelerator is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other protected characteristics.