Mobile Software Engineer
Engineering | Burlingame, CA
CrowdStar is the global leader in the mobile and social gaming industry, developing entertainment for young females around the world where they spend over 25 million minutes per day within our games. With more than 250 million game installs, CrowdStar is home to some of the most popular, fun and entertaining games including Covet Fashion, Mermaid World and Top Girl on mobile and Happy Aquarium, Happy Pets on Facebook. CrowdStar has become one of the largest and most successful developers and publishers in mobile and social gaming. We're breaking new ground with our games and shaping the future of mobile games!
Our office is in downtown Burlingame, CA, just 2 blocks from Cal Train and next to dozens of coffee shops, restaurants and stores in the area.
CrowdStar is looking for some rockstar game engineers to join our team. As a Mobile Game Engineer, you will partake in the process of creating some of the most innovative games for our demographic. Your games will be played by millions of people around the world! CrowdStar’s software engineers are willing to pick up any of the languages, technologies, or methodologies necessary to smite a challenge—and if a conventional solution doesn't exist, they innovate as necessary. Responsibilities
Requirements Must have:
- Developing systems/features on our mobile games
- Develop and Implement client/server communications
- Profile and Optimize existing code
- Write tests for all your written code.
- Implement and maintain third party systems.
- Constantly communicate with team members.Have fun and be passionate about what you are doing.
Nice to have:
- 3+ years experience building IOS/Android applications
- 3+ years experience with C++
- 2+ years experience in mobile development for Android and iOS.
- Previous Android development experience with NDK a must
- Experience creating C++ interfaces to Object C
- Experience creating JNI binding
- Fun positive attitude
- Ability to work well as part of a collaborate development team
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science
- UI Test automation experience for Android and iOS
- Shipped 2+ Android and iOS products
- Experience with OpenGL ES
- Cocos2d experience
- Experience with server side technologies (PHP, memchached) a big plus
At CrowdStar, spontaneity is routine. While hard work is appreciated, having fun is non-negotiable! Company trips to Mexico and Friday Happy Hours are as important to us as delivering a world-class product to a thrilled customer.
Of course, a competitive salary, stock and a killer benefits package are bonuses:
- Flexible and generous vacation policy
- Catered lunch and dinner daily
- Weekly in-office yoga
- Weekly off-site classes such as boot camp and badminton
- Onsite Professional Massages
- XBOX / Big Screen TV / Ping-Pong / Foosball / Darts / and a vintage arcade console
- Life Drawing Classes
- Complete medical/dental/vision benefits- employees covered at 100%
- Life and Disability Insurance