Technical Support | San Jose, CA, United States
Zscaler is one of the most exciting technology companies around, and one of the top IPO candidates for 2015. Our mission is simple - it is to revolutionize Internet security through the magic of cloud computing. We are the leading, most innovative firm in a $35 billion market - security – and our passion is to bring cloud computing to Internet security just like Salesforce.com did to CRM. More than 5,000 organizations around the world are already using Zscaler - including amazing brands like General Electric, Nestle, NBC, and NATO - and more than 12 million people across more than 185 countries are protected by our systems every single day. We are a well-funded, late stage pre-IPO Software as a Service company and are growing extremely fast, which means incredible career and growth opportunities for passionate and talented people that are ambitious and driven to be the best. We’ll offer you an opportunity to make a difference, and you will get to work in a fun, fast paced environment where you can excel at what you do and create.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will be responsible for taking customers call when they have technical questions about Zscaler's web and email security services. As such, it is expected that you will become an expert in the web and security application—both from the customer’s experience (the “front end” or GUI), as well as the underlying logic and key processes that form the basis of the web security solution. You will be challenged to help the customer interpret his experiences using Zscaler’s system and identify the underlying reason for his experiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responding to customer technical questions about product functionality, answer “how do I…?” questions, and investigate/confirm perceived product defects, etc.
- Present case studies once a week at Technical Support team meetings.
- Maintain open communication with colleagues and management about customer issues
- Document all customer issues/cases in CRM system.
- Ensure that customer records (contact information and reported issues) are always up-to-date.
- Create written summaries of customer “hot topics” for colleagues and management.
- Respond to email from customers as professionally as if they were voice conversations.
- Seek assistance immediately from colleagues and management when you do not have the ability to fully address a customer’s presenting issue.
Key Competencies Required:
- 4+ years experience providing technical support on networking technologies
- Education: Bachelors in Computer Science required
- Skills: Good verbal (spoken and written) and phone skills; sound knowledge of UNIX/FreeBSD; TCP/IP, HTTP, UNIX, or DNS ,excellent troubleshooting skills; able to multi-task.