Cloud Operations | San Jose, CA, United States
ZScaler is seeking a Senior Operations Engineer with a strong background in UNIX/Linux Systems Administration to join our world-class Cloud Operations team at our corporate headquarters in San Jose, California. As a ZScaler Operations Engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining the ZScaler production Cloud which encompasses 100+ data centers and protecting users in 185+ countries. Duties:
- Ensure 24-7 Global availability of the ZScaler Security Cloud.
- Ensure proper security practices, monitoring, alerting, and reporting for the infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot and resolve escalated issues from customers and Support including deep dive investigation.
- Improve processes, tools, and documentation in support of the production environment.
- Proactively identify cloud affecting events and implement a solution before it becomes a problem.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a 24/7 NOC environment on a Global Scale.
- Minimum of 5-8 years System Administration / Network Operations experience with an in-depth working knowledge of Linux/UNIX and related applications.
- Solid hands on knowledge of Networking fundamentals, applications, and troubleshooting methodologies.
- Practical knowledge of cloud technologies and architecture with an emphasis on SaaS environment.
- Demonstrated skill in scripting to automate and simplify day to day tasks.
- Ability to think on your feet and keep a cool head under pressure, when others are not.
- Constantly driving to improve, optimize and identify opportunities for process improvement.
- The ability to keep your head on a swivel and keep the bigger picture in focus.