Sales | Las Vegas, NV, United States
Valpak Las Vegas, the blue envelope delivered to Las Vegas Homes each month, is looking for a Media Consultant for our Valpak products including print (our familiar blue envelope), Digital Platforms, Valpak Deals and other Direct Mail Products. Check us out at: http://www.valpak.com/lasvegas and http://www.valpakcareers.com/career.
Our Media Consultants work to develop accounts, increase revenue and Valpak market share through our Valpak Media Solutions. As a Media Consultant, you will assess your prospects marketing needs and develop, sustain, and grow a consultative client relationship by presenting and selling Valpak Media Solutions to them. Overall, you will be developing new business from designated strategic targets through cold calling, and face-to-face presentations while working with members of the sales team and other departments to develop proposed Valpak Media Solutions. Our media solutions portfolio provides strategic marketing solutions in Shared Mail, Digital Advertising (Valpak.com, Digital inventory, SEO, SEM, SMS, Email, and Mobile), Solo mailings, and printed products.
If you work or have worked for any of the following businesses or within these industries – we’re interested in talking to you:
Money Mailer, United Marketing Solutions, Super Coups, RSVP, Penny Saver, any Trader Magazines, Newspapers, Radio, Valassis, Yellow Pages, Yellow Book, Dex, Clipper Magazine, Cash Register Tape.
Primary Responsibilities/Tasks - Essential Functions
• Develops formal client-specific plans for continually maintaining and growing Valpak's market share; accurately projects revenue.
• Visits with area business owners to interest them in media solutions offered by Valpak
• Cultivates consulting relationships with approximately 30 or more clients and their ad agencies.
• Makes frequent contact and maintains expert-level knowledge of their clients business, industry and key competitors and regularly updates needs analysis; ad campaign effectiveness making changes as required; and addressing and solving problems.
• Maintains client relationships at multiple levels of the client's business.
• Prepares sales proposals designed to meet individual clients' needs by reviewing market data and other research; and consulting with internal resources as needed, primarily Marketing, Research, Production and Sales Support.
• Presents multi-media sales presentations regarding proposed advertising campaigns which represent new or incremental sales opportunities to client decision makers.
• Leverages the position of Valpak and the media products it offers to educate clients and influence their marketing strategies.
• Negotiates expectations, terms, conditions, and pricing of advertising products and services with new and existing clients and advertising agencies.
• Uses quantitative data, knowledge of buying mechanics, and competitive advantages of using Valpak in negotiation.
• Balances opportunities to increase share and rates.
• Partners with Business Development Consultants, inside sales, and/or Media Solutions Manager as needed to become the primary sales & marketing consultant responsible for account growth, servicing and retention of new clients.
• Responds to client requests to reduce ad spending or cancel contracts by saving the account and helping the client create the most effective advertising solution possible given budget limitations.
• May work in sales teams with managers and/or AEs from Valpak to sell bundled Valpak products.
• Contributes to the sales and consulting team by brainstorming and strategizing with other team members.
• Analyzes the quantitative and qualitative data collected from Valpak research applications and tools in conjunction with client needs to develop appropriate Valpak Media Solution proposals.
• Manages and coordinates fulfillment of client advertising orders (e.g., solves problems, develops concepts, monitors quality, ensures that ad copy supports the client's marketing plans.
• Manages own account portfolio, accurately forecasts business, tracks own performance, and develops plans to achieve and exceed budget.
• Prepares regular sales, and sales activity reports using software designed for that purpose.
• Keeps client database up to date by the daily recording of all activities, transactions, and communications with clients.
• Maintains collections to keep bad debt to an absolute minimum for accounts.
• Attends job-related training to increase knowledge of Valpak and competitor products and pricing; attends strategic and/or development meetings with Sales management.
• Participates in internal meetings to create product packages, sales processes, communicate and coordinate sales, report on sales activities, implement new products, solve problems, and keep up-to-date with information about Valpak.
• Creates and participates in opportunities to serve as a public representative and image builder of Valpak in the local community in order to network and develop Valpak's presence, e.g. promotes and/or attends non-profit events, serves as a member of the Chamber of Commerce and other local councils, becomes a member of the Ad Federation or American Marketing Association.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Typically requires BS/BA or Associates degree in related discipline.
• Generally 1-5 years of experience in related field.
• 1-5 year’s successful media sales or advertising industry experience.
• Reliable transportation.
• Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
• Well-developed technological skills required (PC, Internet, MS Office, CRM, and Mobile).
• Able to manage deadlines and to operate with a sense of urgency.
• Strong understanding of all digital media platforms.
• Must be highly organized and work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team-oriented environment.
Recommended Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• 1 or more years in the marketing, media or advertising business.
• Knowledge of local media market, local contacts.
• Bachelor's degree in related field.
• Compliance with all published rate, package and pricing guidelines.
• Percent to budget
• Market share
• Average unit rate
• Churn Rate
• Total billing
• Growth in billing
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
• Base Salary, Commission, Monthly Bonus Plan, Monthly Expense Program
• Medical Insurance Available
• Extensive Training and Support
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual assigned to this position. Primary responsibilities and tasks are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.