Engineering | San Mateo, CA, United States
We're looking for an exceptional UI/UX Designer to join our team. The ideal candidate will take ownership in developing products from the user's perspective -- build it, ship it, and then iterate based on how the product is being used.
AVOS Systems is an Internet company led by YouTube co-founders Chad Hurley and Steve Chen. AVOS is headquartered in San Mateo, California with additional offices in Beijing, China and Dunedin, New Zealand. AVOS recently closed a Series A financing led by New Enterprise Associates and Google Ventures with participation from Madrone Capital and China-based incubator Innovation Works.
AVOS is committed to building great products that people use in their everyday lives. We demand excellence both in the products we build and in the team members we hire. Working at AVOS isn't for everyone; newcomers are expected to keep pace and hit the ground running. We offer competitive compensation and generous perks. But more importantly, we offer individuals autonomy in defining new products and shaping our young company.
Our products include Delicious, mei.fm, and Zeen.
- Design and implement task flows and intuitive design concepts that promote usability
- Design and implement responsive templates for content fetcher returns
- Design theming structures and multiple themes
We're looking for driven, creative individuals to join our team. If this sounds like you, please reach out to us today!
- 5+ years of relevant design experience
- Hands-on experience working with HTML5 and CSS3
- HTML & Photoshop expertise to quickly create mocks and convert them into HTML
- Experience with theme and template systems like Wordpress or Tumblr a plus
- Experience working with responsive web design a plus
- BS or MS from a top university in Interactive Design or related field