Broadcast Production | San Francisco, United States
DDB is the agency that founded the first creative revolution. We have driven creativity to new heights over the course of our rich history. We believe that creativity is the most powerful force in business.
California is the place that challenges the status quo. The people of California are the original pioneers, curious and ready to tackle the problems that stand in our way. Drawn to us are the world’s inventors, entrepreneurs, and storytellers.
DDB California is the marriage of these two entities.
Our vision is to create Value for consumers, clients and ourselves. We will do this by using our creativity to help us architect big brand narratives realized in 21st century ways.
Today we are in a state of transition. This transition needs to be fueled by growth - new clients, new talents.
We believe the opportunity is clear. The industry is at a crossroads; there are a multitude of agencies focused on tactics. Clients need, and are willing to invest in, a brand steward who can architect an enduring brand narrative that can be populated in relevant and constantly changing tactics over the journey.
By realizing our vision we will change our business model, becoming a prototype for the DDB Network and the industry at large. We will be paid more on the value we create than the hours we spend creating it. We will provide enduring platforms rather than fleeting executions. We will bring diversity of thought and specialization of execution.
We will realize the potential of Bill Berbach’s legacy in today’s world.
The IP Role
As an Integrated Producer at DDB California, you will oversee the production and realization of agency ideas.
You will join the DDB California Integrated Production Department and work with the Business, Creative, and Strategic teams to collectively lead and manage a project in its entirety. You will be responsible for helping to drive big ideas, helping to solve production problems, and then to ensure flawless execution of ideas.
You will serve as a single-focused accountable producer on a project. You will be a member of the team working on all production related scope, quality of product and service, integration of various components of a brand ecosystem, and the completion of program deliverables on time and budget to fulfill client objectives.
The Integrated Producer should be a smart strategic and conceptual thinker. He or she is responsible for collaborating on innovative ideas and taking them from concept through execution and delivery. The Integrated Producer should have an
eye for smart creative work, emerging technologies and cultivate relationships with production partners.
The Integrated Producer will be integrated across all platforms of production.
They will maintain a specialty in their core discipline with an appetite and curiosity of all other aspects of creative production (T-shaped). And a willingness to learn and explore beyond their core.
They will be forward thinking, a partner, and a resource to their team to help bring
big ideas to life. Our producers live by the mantra that they can make anything happen, and there is no problem that cannot be solved. The fact is, work dies when there is an uncertain perception of how it may be made. Now producers must expand their cross-medium knowledge, and to embrace the greater complexity and technologies involved in how new media works and can be utilized.
- Manages and understands all aspects of production: digital, experiential, content (both still & motion), and print. We understand that the integrated Producer will specialize in the area of Content/Broadcast production.
o Manages all aspects of pre-production, production and postproduction.
o Maintains communication with necessary creative and account service people to facilitate workflow.
o Presents production budgets and schedules and addresses production related questions for internal and external clients.
o Provides input for director and vendor selection process.
o Remains current on industry and technological trends.
o Directs activities (casting, shooting, creating product) of staff and/or external parties involved in production activities.
o Arranges for timely delivery of materials to Agency and clients.
o Be a tireless advocate for the creative process, so that the best ideas come to life, while always looking for the best way to provide solutions on time and budget.
- Maintains communication with necessary creative and account service people to facilitate workflow.
- Presents production budgets and timelines and addresses production related questions for internal and external clients.
- Provides input for vendor selection process.
- Remains current on industry and technological trends.
- Initiates/maintains communications and interactions with client services and creative teams.
- Manages projects from initial pitch, through discovery, concepting, design, development, and QA final deliverables.
- Experience managing development projects through external vendors.
- Arranges for timely delivery of materials to Agency and clients.
- Mentors and develops junior producers within the department.
- Be a tireless advocate for the creative process, so that the best ideas come to life, while always looking for the best way to provide solutions on time and budget.
- Minimum five (5) years of production experience, agency setting.
- Passionate student of the industry, and its development.
- A strong knowledge of industry talent and vendors
- Appetite to produce work in all specialties (Print, Broadcast, Experiential + Digital)
- Collaborative yet confident.
- Proven level-headed assertive presence.
- Proficient in industry software and systems.