Interactive | San Francisco, United States
DDB is the agency that founded the first creative revolution. We have driven creativity to new heights over the course of our rich history. We believe that creativity is the most powerful force in business.
California is the place that challenges the status quo. The people of California are the original pioneers, curious and ready to tackle the problems that stand in our way. Drawn to us are the world’s inventors, entrepreneurs, and storytellers.
DDB California is the marriage of these two entities.
Our vision is to create Value for consumers, clients and ourselves. We will do this by using our creativity to help us architect big brand narratives realized in 21st century ways.
Today we are in a state of transition. This transition needs to be fueled by growth - new clients, new talents.
We believe the opportunity is clear. The industry is at a crossroads; there are a multitude of agencies focused on tactics. Clients need, and are willing to invest in, a brand steward who can architect an enduring brand narrative that can be populated in relevant and constantly changing tactics over the journey.
By realizing our vision we will change our business model, becoming a prototype for the DDB Network and the industry at large. We will be paid more on the value we create than the hours we spend creating it. We will provide enduring platforms rather than fleeting executions. We will bring diversity of thought and specialization of execution.
We will realize the potential of Bill Bernbach’s legacy in today’s world.
We are looking for a talented mid-level UX Designer to create clean, thoughtful and strategically sound user experiences within, but not limited to the digital and mobile space. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
- Ability to collaborate with both Brand strategy and Creative leads to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and usability standards.
- Candidate will report to the Director of User Experience
- Minimum 3+ years of UI experience
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency OmniGraffle, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- BS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Graphic Design or related
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process