Interactive | San Francisco, United States
DDB is the agency that founded the first creative revolution. We have driven creativity to new heights over the course of our rich history. We believe that creativity is the most powerful force in business.
California is the place that challenges the status quo. The people of California are the original pioneers, curious and ready to tackle the problems that stand in our way. Drawn to us are the world’s inventors, entrepreneurs, and storytellers.
DDB California is the marriage of these two entities.
Our vision is to create Value for consumers, clients and ourselves. We will do this by using our creativity to help us architect big brand narratives realized in 21st century ways.
Today we are in a state of transition. This transition needs to be fueled by growth - new clients, new talents.
We believe the opportunity is clear. The industry is at a crossroads; there are a multitude of agencies focused on tactics. Clients need, and are willing to invest in, a brand steward who can architect an enduring brand narrative that can be populated in relevant and constantly changing tactics over the journey.
By realizing our vision we will change our business model, becoming a prototype for the DDB Network and the industry at large. We will be paid more on the value we create than the hours we spend creating it. We will provide enduring platforms rather than fleeting executions. We will bring diversity of thought and specialization of execution.
We will realize the potential of Bill Bernbach’s legacy in today’s world.
The Information Architect is responsible for website/user interface design and development, including layout, navigation and flow. This person will design, lead, and analyze end user needs and leverage the findings into site architectures, wireframes, and functional specification documentation for web sites and applications. The IA will collaborate closely with business & strategy leads, designers, and developers to create the best possible user interactions and task flows while being mindful of key branding and marketing concerns.
- Create wireframes that illustrate site layout, navigation, controls, and content prioritization
- Design the interface and experience for a broad range of digital marketing deliverables: landing pages, web sites, mobile apps, and more
- Develop and maintain sitemap and wireframe mockups, usage scenarios, prototypes, specifications and other design documents to communicate design ideas
- Document design before handover to development teams for implementation
- Create navigational models that are aligned with the defined user experience and business requirements
- Work with development teams to make sure that the information architecture reflects the customer's needs
- Collaborate with designers on visual comps and provide input from an information architecture perspective
- Collaborate with writers, developers and fellow designers to take a project from initial idea to final output.
- Possesses a passion for interactive design with a strong understanding of online marketing and a belief that effective design is about the whole experience, not just the graphical presentation.
- Candidate will report to the Director of User Experience
- 3+ years of professional experience as an Information Architect or User Experience Architect. Agency experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in psychology, Library Sciences, or computer science
- Extensive experience in information design and user scenarios
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to technically annotate wireframes with an understanding of platforms such as Drupal and Wordpress.
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency OmniGraffle, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process