The Enterprise Architect will act as a domain expert to sales teams on the salesforce force.com platform; as well as Apttus’ Quote-to-Cash solution and how it fits into an enterprise IT architecture. With a broad IT background, the Architect will be comfortable discussing and demonstrating all aspects of the force.com platform including hosting infrastructure, security, integration and declarative/programmatic extensions to IT audiences up to CIO/CTO level. With a strong blend of technical and sales skills, the Architect uses a consultative approach to understand business and technical requirements and to help the sales teams develop and refine a technical sales strategy and salesforce.com solution fit. The customer-facing Enterprise Architect will also participate in the delivery of product and best practices educational sessions to existing customers and the broader platform as a Service market.
The ideal candidate is located on the East Coast and has been successful working remotely. This person must be a highly motivated self-starter with a can-do attitude; a proven ability see through assignments and deliver on time; and can adapt to the speed of a rapidly growing company.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Advise CIO/CTO level contacts and their IT teams as they look to move their business to a cloud architecture
- Present salesforce.com's technology infrastructure, including demonstrating deep familiarity with company’s hosting infrastructure, security and integration capabilities;
- Understand the customer need and establish company's product as the best solution that addresses the technical and business requirements;
- Build and present customized demos using the declarative and programmatic capabilities of the force.com platform;
- Build in-depth and high quality sales enablement engineering collateral presentations, white papers and working sample code on relevant topics
- Build competency and become well versed with enterprise and application security, compliance, audit
- Conduct technical workshops and education sessions;
- Work closely with other elements of the salesforce.com organization, e.g. alliances, sales effectiveness, product marketing, etc. to develop and execute internal and external programs and initiatives;
- Assist sales teams in responses to RFPs and technical requirements documents;
- Participate in all appropriate product, sales, and procedural training and certification to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in the position;
- Attain quarterly and annual objectives assigned by management.
Required Skills /Experience:
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience
- A solid understanding of the architectural principals of web based platforms including SaaS, multi-tenancy, multi-tiered infrastructure and application servers;
- Previous hands-on development experience in Apex. Visualforce is a must. Ability to understand and code Apex and/or Visualforce will be tested.
- Understanding of all cloud offerings in the market and ability to discuss cloud architectures
- A good understanding of enterprise application integration, including SOA, ESB, EAI, ETL environments and an understanding of integration considerations such as process orchestration, customer data integration and master data management
- A good understanding of the security processes, standards & issues involved in multi-tier, multi-tenant web applications
- Architectural and development experience of Web Services with SOAP and REST
- Exceptional presentation, written and oral communication skills;
- B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience
- Ability to travel up to 50%
No Recruiting Agencies please.
This position description is intended to describe the duties most frequently performed by an individual in this position. It is not intended to be a complete list of assigned duties but to describe a position level. Furthermore, the essential functions are listed above and reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Apttus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.