Engineering & Product | San Francisco, CA, United States
Launched in 2009, One Kings Lane is a leading online destination for the home, connecting daily design inspiration with top-brand, designer, and vintage items you won’t find anywhere else. We’re revolutionizing the home decor market by bringing shoppers a fresh assortment of products every day of the year. With revenue exceeding a quarter of a billion in 2014, we are rapidly growing and have our sights set on becoming a billion dollar business and the next great lifestyle brand.
As a Software Engineer at One Kings Lane, you have the unique and enviable opportunity of working on challenging technical and product problems end to end, across the consumer and enterprise space - covering application, database, caching, messaging, search, and continuous deployment, just to name a few.
Every day, your work reaches millions of consumers interacting with our site. Your design streamlines complex merchandising operations used by thousands of our vendors. Your solutions build up the service-oriented architecture that delivers a scalable, cross-device platform powering the real-time demands of the OKL ecosystem.
If this sounds like something that interests you, now is your chance to join a group of passionate, well-rounded developers sharing the core values of simplicity, quality, agility and innovation - and above all, an unwavering commitment to customers.
- Collaborate with other Engineering teams and Product in designing, implementing and delivering innovative functionality to millions of passionate users
- Rapidly iterate on product and platform features in a test- and monitoring-driven development environment
- Deliver implementation that is as simple as it gets, with 100% quality coverage and automated user acceptance tests that enable continuous integration and delivery
- Possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Experience working with different technologies such as Ruby on Rails, Java, Python, etc.
- Comfortable working with MVC, services, and backend database integration.
- A keen analytical thought process; able to troubleshoot system behavior and identify opportunities for improvement
- Proficient in designing with caching technologies such as Redis and Memcache, and leveraging efficient database design techniques.
- Practice coding simplicity, quality, and agility
- Effective communicator and collaborator; able to work in small highly-skilled teams
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)