Creative & Marketing | San Francisco, CA, United States
Launched in 2009, One Kings Lane is a leading online destination for the home, connecting daily design inspiration with top-brand, designer, and vintage items you won’t find anywhere else. We’re revolutionizing the home decor market by bringing shoppers a fresh assortment of products every day of the year. With revenue exceeding a quarter of a billion in 2013, we are rapidly growing and have our sights set on becoming a billion dollar business and the next great lifestyle brand.
One Kings Lane is looking to hire a Senior User Experience Researcher. This is a unique opportunity as this person will be responsible to build, design, craft and lead the user experience research initiatives for the One Kings Lane site as well as its mobile applications. This position requires working collaboratively with designers, engineers and the creative team, to contribute to all phases of the product design process.
In this role, you will be responsible for setting up our usability labs (NYC/SF), structuring user-centered research, mainly through qualitative fieldwork; The successful candidate will need to be nimble, creative, and have a pragmatic approach to product user research. Due to the fast-moving pace of our business, this position requires the ability to work with minimum direction and the capacity to work quickly while delivering high-quality outputs.
- Work with user experience team members and product managers to create and implement research strategies and plans, including defining goals, methodologies and research activities for our web and mobile applications.
- Lead and build user research activities, including the recruitment of participants and the creation of questionnaires and test plans.
- Facilitate field and remote, individual and group user research sessions.
- Manage all logistics involving research panels while on site in the San Francisco and New York offices as well as off-site locations
- Conduct heuristic evaluations, synthesize data; prepare summary and detailed findings and present to product teams and executives.
- Collaborate with UX designers to design solutions that meet the needs of users.
- Help grow the overall User Experience and Design IQ within the company.
- Provide unbiased and honest findings from user experience research and testing
Skills and Requirements
- Degree in psychology, cognitive science, Human Factors, HCI, or similar
- 6+ years of hands-on research experience including; Qualitative Research, Focus Groups, Remote User Testing, Usability Testing, and Guerrilla Testing.
- Previous experience building core research strategies, programs, initiatives within a fast paced environment from the ground up
- Previous experience in a digital, e-commerce retail brand highly encouraged
- Experience and strong knowledge in quantitative methods
- Ability to drive efficient, creative and influential research studies.
- Ability to manage and prioritize simultaneous research projects.
- Ability to self-start, seeking out new opportunities for user research to improve solutions.
- Ability to participate and contribute to design activities.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with excellent listening skills.
- Outstanding ability to synthesize findings and share with the teams in a clear, compelling way.
- Travel approximately 30%.