Company: Criterion Systems
Title: Cyber Security Manager
Location: Morgantown, WV
Emp Status: Regular / Full-time
Criterion Systems, Inc., based out of Vienna, VA is seeking a Cyber Security Manager to support a Federal Government Agency in Morgantown, WV. In this role, the qualified candidate will be responsible for the overall management and direction of the Cyber Security contract support staff, including Information Assurance and Cyber Security Operations.
Management responsibilities include:
- Interface with the Federal Government Agency Management team, in particular, the Cyber Security Program Manager (CSPM) to ensure the delivery of regular and ad-hoc reports, understand Cyber Security requirements, and provide recommendations for program improvement
- Coordinate with other members of the ITOMS contract management team, including the Contract Program and Deputy Program Managers to champion and prioritize Cyber Security initiatives
- Provide daily oversight and management of all cyber professionals including performance, leadership and development management.
- Proactive manager that will provide thought leadership on current and future cyber initiatives, driving to improve the security posture of the Federal Government Agency.
Leadership and development of a team of Cyber Security professionals to accomplish the following tasks:
- Conduct cyber security compliance reviews; coordinate and assist with external audits
- Compile information to respond to cyber security related data calls
- Develop and document policies and procedures
- Ensure adherence to policy
- Develop, test, maintain, and provide training on contingency plans, including disaster recovery plans
- Ensure that system security plans are developed
- Ensure that the appropriate operational and security posture is maintained for IT systems and applications
- Inform CSPM of changes to IT systems or applications that might affect its accreditation
- Ensure the performance of risk assessments
- Ensure the definition, documentation, approval, and maintenance of standard baselines and procedures for the secure configuration of the Federal Government Agency IT systems
- Conduct and/or coordinate cyber security training for the Federal Government Agency staff
- Perform Cyber Security (CS) tools administration and provide risk analysis support for multiple CS events. CS tools include but are not limited to:
- Vulnerability Scanners and central console
- Anti-Virus Products and central console
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention System
- Log analyzer
- Coordinate with other teams to assist with and monitor the mitigation of vulnerability findings.
- Perform Cyber Security Incident Handling and coordinate with internal/external parties.
- Monitor network traffic for potential malicious activity within/against the Federal Government Agency IT infrastructure.
- Monitor and coordinate responses to public vulnerability information.
- Provide risk analysis for vulnerabilities, incidents and change requests.
- Prepare and assist with monthly reports and metric reports to the customer.
- Document progress of assigned tasks.
- Investigate, document, and report incidents of waste, fraud, and abuse of IT resources.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Security or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Minimum of 10 (ten) years of technical experience with Information/Cyber Security, with over 6 (six) years leadership and management of information assurance & cyber operations professionals of up to 12 people.
- Working knowledge of popular computer operating systems, network technologies and application technologies.
- Good team player – able to coordinate across and within teams and assist with various types of projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task, analyze, and interpret vulnerability data as well as identify related issues and recommend solutions.
- Creativity for improving the current policy and procedures.
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- CISA, CISM, CISSP, and/or other Information/Cyber Security certification
- U.S. Citizenship
- Active Public Trust Clearance
Criterion Systems is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.