We work to guarantee the security of every transaction from swipe to receipt. We embed ourselves in other teams and build both customer and employee-facing security applications. Our ultimate goal is to ensure that there is no possible way to use Square insecurely.
We look for security software engineers who want to build, break and refine security efforts across the organization. This person will be called upon to design and secure all areas of the organization and product including client and server applications, system and network infrastructure and policies and procedures.
- Lead and contribute to projects that span the following
- firmware security
- reverse engineering and anti-reverse engineering on Android and iOS
- machine learning and security
- data center security (online decryption services, secrets distribution, OS hardening, etc)
- web security
- internal and customer facing authentication
- applied cryptography to be used in our hardware and software
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
- A background in software engineering with a deep passion for making all things secure
- A strong foundation and technical knowledge across web, application, hardware, and/or network security
- Demonstrated experience developing, deploying, and monitoring secure systems
- Solid understanding of cryptography