The mission of the Compliance Operations team at Square is to perform the day-to-day operational tasks associated with regulatory, payment network, and partnership requirements. The team actively engages in monitoring for anti-money laundering activity along with enforcing Square's Merchant User Agreement. Other areas of responsibility include OFAC and MATCH reviews, fraud reporting, liaison with law enforcement agencies and interactions with government regulators, corporate partners, and the credit card payment networks.
- Monitor and act upon reports involving compliance-related alerts
- Investigate and report suspicious activity in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Verify merchant information and conduct due diligence reviews as part of Square's Know Your Customer (KYC) policy
- Interact with Square customers to ensure full compliance with all applicable laws and policies
- Work cross-functionally with Support, Risk, and other operations teams within Square
- Communicate with customers via CRM, email, and telephone
- A strong operations mindset involving time sensitive directives and ability to self-manage workflow across competing priorities
- Adept communication skills when dealing with possible bad actors with a detective-like mentality
- An ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a drive to deliver outstanding results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills—previous CRM experience in a customer-facing role a plus
- Previous experience in compliance or legal work with a financial institution or payment-focused company preferred
- Passion for Square, and a strong interest in technology/knowledge of the industry
- 4-year undergraduate degree
Even better:We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.