The Square Security team works to ensure the security of every transaction from swipe to receipt and beyond. We embed ourselves in other teams at Square to build world-class products for both customers and employees. Our ultimate goal is to ensure that every single experience with Square is simple, secure, and safe.
Application Security Engineers serve as the interface between software developers and the Information Security team. Their mission: ensure the security of Square’s products. Their methods: working with software developers to build secure systems, prioritizing and tracking security issues identified at the application layer, and monitoring the security of applications in production.
- Perform code and design reviews of all internal and external software products
- Develop and implement automated tests to enforce security standards
- Develop security training and education for engineers
- Design application-level metrics and monitoring to detect abuse
- Monitor production applications and investigate anomalous activity
- Ensure that issues identified are appropriately prioritized and addressed in future product releases
- Prioritize and track application security issues across the company
- Work with software engineering teams to ensure timely resolution of issues
- Analyze issue metrics to surface patterns
- Strong knowledge and experience in web and mobile security
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Passion for breaking things, and building things that are hard to break
- Interest in teaching security, and helping other engineers build and design securely