Big Viking Games
is Canada’s leading social and mobile game development studio, where our employees are passionate about creating amazing games that are played and enjoyed by millions of people all over the world. We don’t just create fun for other people, we work hard to create a fun environment that our staff love to spend time in.
Come join one of Canada’s fastest growing gaming start-ups as a 2D Artist / Illustrator
. This is a full-time position at our downtown London, Ontario studio.
In this role you will help design and build the next-generation games and mobile applications that reach millions of people. Key tasks will include:
- Creating a variety of art assets with a special focus on environments, props, and character art
- Working closely with the lead artist and other artists to ship quality games on time and on budget
- B.A or B.F.A. in design, multimedia or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in creating quality art assets with social game experience a plus
- Extensive Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Flash experience
- Solid understanding of form, lighting, composition and color
- Knowledge of and interest in the social gaming industry
- Comprehensive portfolio showing a variety of style and skills
- User Interface experience a bonus
Besides having the opportunity to work for a leading game development company, we also offer:
- Competitive salaries with full health benefits
- Stock options at an innovative & growing company
- Comfortable workstations with top-of-the-line Aeron chairs
- MacBook Pro’s (or PC as desired) with as many monitors as you like
- Free breakfast, lunch and dinner (as desired) & unlimited snacks
- Fully stocked drink fridge with soda, juices, and daily fresh cut fruits
- Opportunity to work with and learn from awesome co-workers that are hyper-smart and passionate about games
- Fun and fast paced work environment
Those intereted in applying need to send a link to their online porfolio with their application.