Software Engineers | Los Angeles, CA, United States
What we are looking for:
An enthusiastic Ruby developer to join our team developing web applications and services for our travel products. We are looking for team players that are at home squashing bugs and designing and implementing new features throughout the whole stack.
Who you are:
You are a talented problem solver with experience working in Ruby on Rails or other web development frameworks. Challenges are something that drive you, and you are at home iterating on something until it is optimized. You don't take code personally. In fact, you get a kick out of fixing bad code, and you like to create features that you can be proud of and others can build upon. You like to work in a close-knit team where you can help others and learn a thing or two yourself.
- Design & implement new features throughout the whole stack in Ruby on Rails applications
- Modernize old code by cleaning up bugs, implementing best practices, and in some cases rearchitecting features so that they work better and are more maintainable
- Actively participate in our team through participation in scrum and code reviews, and participation in the design and execution of new features
- Demonstrated web development experience in Ruby on Rails or experience with another web framework + a willingness to dig into Ruby on Rails
- Experience working with a dynamic programming language such as Ruby or Python
- Training in software engineering fundamentals, either through work experience, training at coding boot camp, or an academic degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
Who we are:
Oversee.net is an innovative technology company that owns and operates a portfolio of consumer website designed to help users discover, compare, and save. Over 25 million unique visitors per month visit the company's three key verticals in consumer finance, travel and comparison shopping.
Our best assets are our employees and we invest in them. Oversee.net offers competitive compensation packages, a 401(k), health benefits, paid holidays and PTO. We are located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles and offer free parking, unlimited snacks, weekly catering and more.