Other | New York, NY, United States
Tencent America is looking for a bilingual (Mandarin/English) motivated, self-starter, detail-oriented individual who thrives in a creative environment to be the Finance Journalist/Editor for the North America region. This individual will be responsible for building relationships with and recruiting influential finance industry pioneers to cooperate with Tencent Weibo as well as promoting Tencent's web portal - QQ.COM
Tencent America is looking for a bilingual (Mandarin & English) motivated, self-starter, detail-oriented individual who thrives in a creative environment to be the Finance Journalist/Editor for the North America region. This individual will be responsible for building relationships with and recruiting influential finance industry pioneers to cooperate with Tencent Weibo as well as promoting Tencent's web portal - QQ.COM.
This position is remote (working from home) in New York State. Because it is remote, you must live in the state of New York and not surrounding states. No out of state candidates will be considered.
- Cultivate relationships with sources inside and outside the company, including within corporate business units at Tencent to identify potential stories; represent Tencent at American business world, especially in finance industry, meetings and conferences and create partnerships with financial & business research institutes as well as prominent media groups in New York
- Develop deep expertise and knowledge about US finance industry and business world ; develop Finance Channel QQ.com conferences by managing U.S. logistics; represent site at industry events, trade shows, conferences
- Research, report and write/produce original editorial content such as feature stories, interviews, profiles, trend analysis, photos, video and how-to stories; Coordinate with and provide support for the Tencent Finance Channel QQ.com team, and direct U.S.-focused operations of the Finance Channel
- Conduct extensive interviews with finance institutes in New York and Chinese companies that are breaking into the U.S. Market or preparing for public listing, and research and prepare articles on the growing China-U.S. business relationship and promote the latest Tencent development to respected institute; develop and maintain social media presence across multiple platforms
- Analyze QQ.com user preferences based on user feedback, interviews, statistics, and knowledge of Chinese Internet usage and improve QQ.com quality and usability
- Bachelor's degree or higher preferred in Journalism, Communications or a related field
- 5+ years of editorial and reporting experience in business/finance with strong understanding of the financial markets and economic events
- Strong connection with the media
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of the finance industry and other business field
- Self-starter, flexible and comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Professional, responsible and a team player who can work under pressure
- Excellent interview abilities and connections with prominent figures of the business world.
- Fluent in Chinese Mandarin and English (read and write) a MUST
Tencent is a publicly traded company focused on bringing high-quality and engaging internet services and entertainment to its users. Our office in Palo Alto is small and nimble, but growing rapidly and looking for top talent to propel us forward. Combining the results-oriented nature of a startup with the resources of a profitable and leading internet company, Tencent America offers a unique opportunity for aspiring individuals to thrive.
We embrace a culture of teamwork & creativity and are driven by our values - Integrity, Passion, Collaboration, and Innovation. We seek individuals who prosper and thrive in this type of environment, and also know how to have fun. We offer competitive compensation, fully paid health benefits, and opportunities for professional growth.