Account Executive - GEO
Outside Sales | Minneapolis, MN
Cloudera offers enterprises a powerful new data platform built on the popular Apache Hadoop open-source software package. We unlock the storage and processing technologies of the world’s biggest Web, telecom, medical, financial and government companies by allowing our growing list of global customers to easily and efficiently use Hadoop to solve problems and profit from all their data.
This position is responsible for selling the organization's products or services to and maintaining relationships with existing named accounts in connection with direct sales to end users. The position provides technical and administrative product information, demonstrations, and/or Product training. These are career-level Account Executives and are fully qualified, experienced professionals.
At Cloudera, our goal is to make each individual feel valued for his or her contributions to the company’s mission. We are looking for smart people who want to do remarkable things. We strive to create an environment of casual intensity where people enjoy coming to work every day. Our senior management team meets regularly with the whole company to discuss strategy, successes and challenges.
- Manages and grows revenue and market share at designated accounts to maximize customer satisfaction and achieve company's strategic objectives.
- Develops and maintains client relationships to ultimately drive revenue growth.
- Develops and executes account strategy by collaborating with account team to deliver stronger, more relevant value propositions.
- Cultivates customer relationships and ensures effective service delivery to accounts.
- Focuses on customer's satisfaction, knows the customer's business and workflows, develops proper contact network within accounts.
- Supports execution of strategy at the account level.
- Works with and brings in experts/specialists where required, has oversight of all account activities.
- Responsible for forecasting, keeps management in touch with accounts in a timely fashion, gathers intelligence on competitor activity, and gives feedback to marketing.
- Tracks customer activity in internal systems in order to execute on account strategy and identify additional opportunities.
- May provide customer product training as necessary.
- Accountable for individual expense budget management.
- Owns account relationship and drives overall customer satisfaction for assigned accounts.
- 10+ years of demonstrated successful Enterprise Software (preferred) or Hardware Sales
- Startup experience & some vertical experience
- Data management experience
- Business intelligence
- Data warehousing experience
- Virtualization and Cloud understanding
- Team player
- Solution sales experience
- Relationship sellers
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.