Senior Software Engineer, UI
Engineering | Palo Alto or San Francisco, CA
At Cloudera, helping our customers make sense of the deluge of performance and management data that we gather from their Apache Hadoop cluster is not easy. We are looking for front-end developers who will be responsible for implementing Cloudera's user-facing web applications. You must be able to conceive and build, exciting visualizations the help our customers better understand the status and performance of their Hadoop cluster. We are looking for an innovative individual with extensive web UI development experience, and a good taste for clean, elegant, and fast interfaces. Experience with data and information visualization is a strong plus.
We look for 'The Startup Spark', a desire to create new things, dive in wherever there's a need, and learn new things. You must be self-motivated, innovative, and proactive and enjoy working in a team environment and be eager to make an impact as an individual and have a passion for writing super optimized clean code.
- Create and deliver new UI features and upgrades for our products
- Design, code, and implement clean and elegant user interfaces
- Build strong relationships and collaborate with other developers and testers, as well as, Product Management, Field Engineering, and external partners
- 5+ years of experience in developing web UI applications
- Experience in coding standards-compliant semantic markup in HTML/CSS
- Significant experience in developing AJAX-enabled web applications
- Experience in 'data-center scale' computing
- Experience with version control systems such as git
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Spring MVC, distributed computing a strong plus
- Experience with coding in Java a strong plus
About Cloudera :
Cloudera is revolutionizing enterprise data management by offering the first unified Platform for Big Data, an enterprise data hub built on Apache Hadoop™. Cloudera offers enterprises one place to store, process and analyze all their data, empowering them to extend the value of existing investments while enabling fundamental new ways to derive value from their data. Only Cloudera offers everything needed on a journey to an enterprise data hub, including software for business critical data challenges such as storage, access, management, analysis, security and search. As the leading educator of Hadoop professionals, Cloudera has trained over 20,000 individuals worldwide. Over 900 partners and a seasoned professional services team help deliver greater time to value.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.