About SK Planet, Inc.:
SK Planet is a globally recognized and respected leader in innovative mobile solutions. As part of the 3rd largest conglomerate in Korea, we operate many of the country’s most successful businesses, including the leading online music service (Hoppin), the largest app store (T-Store), and the most popular virtual shopping service (11 St).
We are now looking to achieve success beyond the Korean market by leveraging our considerable assets and expertise to establish a significant US presence. Our first step has been to set up a dynamic new company in San Francisco unlike typical venture-backed startups in the valley that are encumbered with uncertain funding and limited in their scope of activities. With the committed, long-term support of a billion dollar plus parent company, our “startup” is armed with the resources needed to pursue multiple product categories and to develop robust solutions to “big problems.”
Our goal is to create new mobile content ecosystems starting with two key market segments - video and education - where we have identified opportunities to further define how digital content is delivered, consumed and monetized. With video, we are planning to build a platform that connects creators and curators of high-quality short-form content with targeted advertisers in order to maximize their value while providing compelling experiences to consumers. For education, we are designing an adaptive learning system initially focused on improving students’ performance in K-12 mathematics and sciences but designed to eventually serve as an intelligent distribution platform for educational content across multiple subject areas. In addition to these initiatives, we have also assembled a proven team of mobile game developers who are now designing leading edge products in interactive entertainment.
Our mission is to transform content creation, distribution, consumption, and monetization in the fastest growing communications industry in history. Join us and help build the next generation of great mobile products. Working at SK Planet, Inc.:
Our US operations are still in start-up mode but growing rapidly. We have an open and collaborative office based in San Francisco’s SOMA district, just 2 blocks from both the CalTrain and AT&T Park. We promote a very open and entrepreneurial environment that allows for new ideas and great motivation. Come join us! Responsibilities:
- Direct all administrative projects (e.g. office management/facilities, interact with our landlord and vendors, and other logistics).
- Help set up our new office with furniture, snacks, and games.
- Embody and develop our company culture (you will set the tone regarding how our company culture is perceived).
- Plan company-wide events (re-occurring, monthly, quarterly, etc.).
- Manage any additional administrative employees in the office.
- Help greet and direct any guests that come into the building.
- Serve as a utility person by helping out as/where necessary.
- Three to Five years of experience in a high-paced work environment.
- Experience ordering supplies, interacting with vendors/contractors, and maintaining an office environment.
- Ability to work autonomously, while concurrently engaging in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to be self-motivated, self-sufficient, reliable, aggressive, and contagiously energetic.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Unparalleled work ethic – as an early stage start-up, we all have to pitch in and wear “multiple hats” when needed.
B.S./B.A. Degree or above preferred Benefits and Perks:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and offer a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental & Vision (100% Company paid)
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Commuter Check
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) + company match
- Generous Vacation Pay + Sick Pay + Holiday’s
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
And many more to come as we grow our team!