Test Engineering | Redwood City, CA, United States
Job Title: Web Application/REST API Test Engineering Development Lead
Job Description / Position Responsibilities:
- Serve as a Technical Lead for the Coraid EtherCloud Test Engineering software development team.
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, User Experience and Software Development to develop a test automation strategy and execution plan with its associated frameworks.
- Review and provide feedback on User Experience designs and REST API components in order to ensure accuracy as well as ease of operation for our customers
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Previous professional experience using Selenium Web Driver with Page Objects to build an automated regression test environment
- Professional experience with Test Driven Development and Agile software development using Scrum
- Experience with using virtualization to improve test automation efficiency
- Ability to lead and set technical priorities for a test automation team for a cloud storage management product
- Strong understanding of test automation best practices and methodologies
- Previous experience testing SaaS applications with server-side REST APIs considered a strong plus
- Strong command-line abilities in Linux, Solaris/Illumos or OS X
- Natural empathy and consideration of team members’ requests, spoken or not.
- Previous start-up (or small company) experience strongly preferred.
- Accurate prediction of task completion timelines, their complexity and possible problems.
- An innate, heightened urgency to complete projects on time and with high quality.
- Open communicator who can jump in (if appropriate) to help other team members
- BS or MS Computer Science or equivalent from a highly recruited university.