Quality Assurance | Redwood City, CA, United States
Knowledge Required : Storage, File System, Linux/Solaris, NAS/NFS, ZFS, Automation
Job Description / Position Responsibilities
• Design, create, maintain, execute (manual and automate) test plan for Coraid Storage Appliances, HBAs and Management applications.
• Design and architect Test Plan and Test setup based on Customer use case scenario.
• Create test environments with supported host operating systems, switches, clients and hypervisors.
• As QA Expert provide direction and guidance to Develop Tools and improve QA processes to enhance effectiveness of QA and Test coverage.
• Act as a Champion on quality related activities for Customers escalation, Participate in Customer escalations with TAC/SE/PM to get customer satisfactory closure and integrate escalations learning in QA
• Evaluation, analysis and reporting of test results; effective communication of status to development teams and management
• Ability to Coach, mentor and give guidance to QA engineers
• Work closely with other Leads to achieve common quality goal.
• Extremely well versed with automation and hands on script development preferably Python
• Diagnose test failures, report defects into bug tracking system, work with Development Engineers to reproduce and diagnose product issues, verify fixes.
• Review and provide feedback on customer documentation in order to ensure technical completeness and accuracy as well as ease of operation for our customers.
• Plan and execute testing to verify features, functions, and performance of Coraid appliance management products. Testing involves both a GUI interface and a REST API.
Required Skills and Attributes
• Passionate about Solving customer problems by employing technology, automation and QA process Experience testing enterprise storage arrays
• Excellent knowledge of Oracle Solaris/OpenSolaris, ZFS File system, NFS, CIFS
• Deep understanding of storage concepts (Block/File level access, RAID level, Masking, Volume Manager)
• Familiarity with Bugzilla, Wiki, Selenium, Python, FIO, IOzone, IOMeter,
• Networking knowledge – Cisco, Arista, Cumulus, Dell, Avaya
• Experience with Linux, Windows and Virtualization environments
• Able to work independently, lead and drive testing
• Excellent knowledge of storage protocols and concepts (host multi-pathing, SAN fabrics and networks, switches, snapshots, cloning, thin provisioning)
• Good understanding of QA processes, test automation, storage array and server administration
• Understanding of SAN arrays in Vmware ESX, Microsoft Windows and Linux environments
• Strong understanding on storage manageability products and
• Strong teamwork skills and willingness to contribute in a variety of ways. Results-focused and motivated to continuously grow technical skills and knowledge.
• BSCS/BSEE degree required; ~10+ years of industry experience.