Engineering | Vancouver, Canada
OpenDNS is an Internet security company that’s transforming the way IT departments secure their networks, and more importantly, their users. In 2012 OpenDNS launched Umbrella, a new line of cloud-delivered Internet security services that, for the first time ever, allow IT departments to extend security off the network and actually protect users wherever they roam. OpenDNS built Umbrella on top of our rock-solid foundation: the world’s most loved and trusted DNS service that’s used today used by 50 million people around the world.
Working at OpenDNS means being surrounded by passionate, intelligent and creative people that are determined to disrupt the Internet security industry with endless innovation, world-class research and unrivaled products and services. It’s a place where the best ideas are quickly transformed into products, features, campaigns and company-wide practices, so it won’t be long before you witness the results of your hard work. But don’t just take our word for it. We’ve seen nearly 100% year-over-year usage growth, have been cash flow positive since 2007, and we carry the endorsement of leading VC firms Sequoia Capital and Greylock Partners and thousands of happy customers.
About the team:
Infrastructure Engineering consists of Network Engineering, Systems Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering and Security Engineering - together, we build core Internet infrastructure, security applications and distributed systems at scale. Our environment processes 700,000+ requests per second, across 20 data-centers and cloud infrastructure providers.
Security Engineering is responsible driving software and infrastructure security. The related initiatives protect the security of 50+ million of people. We are heavily involved in the engineering process to help build applications that directly address security up-front. We also work to implement technology that addresses infrastructure security threats.
We are committed to getting it done... properly, the first time.
- Experience working on a high-transactional, 24x7 production environment
- Strong familiarity with security as it applies to software, system and network engineering
- Experience with applied cryptography including PKI, SSL, and key management
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP networking, and network services
- Experience working with firewalls, intrusion prevention, DDoS mitigation systems
- Expertise in managing incident response processes and teams
- Experience managing audits, penetration tests and vulnerability assessments
- Experience in working with compliance and regulatory program requirements
- Experience with responsible disclosure practices, response, communication
- Extensive knowledge of Internet security issues and the threat landscape
- Excellent knowledge and experience with object-oriented programming
- Experience working with client/server side frameworks and platforms
- Experience with Python, Ruby, C, C++ and Java
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience
Perks At OpenDNS: Did we mention the perks? The office is rich with open spaces for collaboration, the latest tech tools and toys and a fully stocked kitchen to help you recharge. Come work with us, and be part of the team that’s revolutionizing Internet security.
- Innovative -- We aren't a social networking or Web 2.0 photosharing site. We work on core Internet protocols and make them better.
- No ladders to climb -- We keep a relatively flat corporate structure that promotes fast movement and flexible teams.
- Meritocracy -- The best ideas win, regardless of where they come from.
- Time off to relax -- As a startup, we work our butts off. That's why it's important to get away to clear your mind from time to time. Three weeks and 10 company holidays make that easy.
- Technologists -- We are a company of engineers and technologists passionate about delivering a better Internet.
- Food -- Hard work makes you hungry. We keep a well-stocked kitchen with catered lunches throughout the week.
- Frosty beverages – Happy hours are planned throughout the month to get to know your coworkers outside the office.