Principal Software Engineer- Platform Persistence
Cloud Platform Development | San Diego, CA
ServiceNow is the industry-leading cloud platform provider for building enterprise applications. Our cloud platform allows enterprise IT to bring together business strategy, application design and operations in a powerfully simple solution. We're a fast-growing company and offer huge potential for the talented individuals who join our team.
Sitting in the center of our development environment, the Cloud Platform Persistence team is building the technology that is the driving force for all applications built by ServiceNow and our enterprise IT customers. We are laser-focused on building an innovative, scalable and feature-rich PaaS for all enterprise applications.
We are building the cloud platform that hundreds of companies such as CERN, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Equinix, Harrods, Juniper Networks, Kimberly-Clark, REI, Sephora and Staples depend on every day to accelerate their company forward.
We employ the brightest and most forward-thinking cloud platform developers on the planet. We have offices in San Diego, San Francisco and Santa Clara and work as a distributed team.
Come join the Cloud Platform Development team and make your mark on the cloud platform for enterprise applications! Responsibilities
As a Principal Software Engineer you will have the opportunity to become a key member of the Cloud Platform Development group. New team members will be mentored in the necessary skills to become successful contributors to the teamRequired Skills
- Experience working at a software company 10+ years and/or 20+ Experience working as a software developer
- Expert level understanding of best practices for object-oriented and modularized software
- Repeated demonstrated success completing complex projects, on time
- Aptitude for learning new technologies quickly
- Experience developing web applications at scale
- Experience with troubleshooting difficult production issues e.g. memory leaks, network problems, intermittent failures etc. across the stack
- Relational Database Experience: Developing on, troubleshooting and optimizing performance of: Oracle, MySQL MS SQLServer
- Experience developing a platform
- Experience workng in a devops environment
- Experience working in a customer focused environment
- General case SQL, RDBMS programming (JDBC)
- MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQLServer
- NoSQL especially mongoDB
- Extremely strong Java language skills
- Experience working in a high functioning team
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. We work with some of the most innovative and advanced technologies in the business. The Cloud Platform Development team is a very collaborative and inclusive team where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional, open yet relaxed work atmosphere
« Back to Openings