Senior Manager, IT Service Management and Operations
Finance & Accounting | Santa Clara, CA
Senior Manager, IT Service Management and Operations
ServiceNow, The Enterprise IT Cloud Company, is the industry-leading cloud platform provider for building enterprise applications. We are redefining markets and changing the perception of enterprise software. Our cloud platform allows enterprise IT to bring together business strategy, application design and operations in a powerfully simple solution.
To sustain our explosive growth, we are looking for drivers—people who thrive on responsibility and live for the next big challenge. We seek to employ the brightest and most forward-thinking talent on the planet; we're looking for professionals who aren't content with the status quo—people who are more interested in how things could become. Accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you can make an impact daily. We invite you to join in to stand out.
ServiceNow is currently recruiting for a Sr. Manager of IT Service Management and Operations to lead the effective delivery of This position reports to the Director of Corporate IT. The primary objective of Service Management and Operations is to rapidly resolve technology issues and to provision services remotely in a 24x7 environment. This function is a critical component of IT success and end user productivity. This team is the hub of IT operations and intends to employ some of the brightest and most talented people in the organization. The team will consist of a mixture of junior and senior support specialists tasked with resolving 80%-90% all IT requests.
The Sr. Manager of IT Service Management and Operations will be responsible for the effective service delivery of IT supported applications, access, and account management. He/She will be managing, evaluating, recruiting, hiring, and developing staff. He/She will interface daily with other IT leaders and the corporate user community to deliver world-class IT services. He/She will be directly involved in resolving user escalations and coordinating the communication of service outages. As a member of the IT leadership team, this person is expected to demonstrate an ongoing commitment to ServiceNow’s values and to be an example for his/her team. Occasionally, this position will be involved in resolving issues escalated outside of normal business hours and, therefore, will be required to carry a mobile phone or otherwise be available outside normal business hours. The successful candidate must be receptive to management direction and coaching to increase his/her individual and team effectiveness. Additional responsibilities include:
- Provide excellent customer service and diffuse heightened end user sensitivity
- Define team goals, lead staff to achieving desired results, and be accountable for team performance
- Report and progressively improve request resolution rates to minimize escalations and transfers
- Lead and actively participate on projects to advance the capabilities of the Service Management Operations as well as the entire IT department
- Plan and implement technologies enabling efficient request tracking/routing, collaborative problem solving, user self service, monitoring, alerting, and management reporting
- Report team performance metrics periodically and roll-up cross-functional metrics quarterly
- Build a global, 24x7 service desk team using a follow-the-sun or centralized model
- Measure customer feedback regularly from those receiving IT services and present findings to management with continuous improvement recommendations
- Implement call accounting and optimize the use of phone trees, ACD, IVR, or other tools to improve effectiveness
- Execute IT policies with confidence and understanding of both the letter and the spirit of the policy
- Manage vendors and partners involved with the delivery of functional responsibilities
This position requires someone who is outgoing, has excellent communications skills, and enjoys working in a team environment. Must have a minimum of 2 years IT operations experience in a leadership position. Must have 5-8 years experience working in IT. Must have practical IT experience with ticketing and queue management. Successful candidates will have strong experience in troubleshooting and root cause analysis. Must have experience establishing performance thresholds and monitoring systems for failures or degraded performance. Must be current with PC and Mac hardware and technology trends. Must have strong research and problem solving abilities. Must be able to leverage the talents of your employees to build high performance teams. Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Must have a bachelor's degree in Business, Technology, or Engineering.
- ITIL v3 formal training and certification
- Knowledge of call accounting, call centers, IVR, CTI
- Experience with call routing techniques like ACD, hunt groups, and call trees
- Scripting and enterprise management experience
- Experience in both large enterprise and mid-sized environments.
- MIS, MCS, or MBA preferred.
- Multi-lingual fluency a plus.
Primary location for this position is Santa Clara, CA. Occasional travel may be required to our domestic and international locations.
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional, yet relaxed atmosphere.
« Back to Openings