Legal | Santa Clara, CA
Corporate Counsel - Santa Clara, CA
Join the hottest name in enterprise software today! ServiceNow, one of the fastest growing publicly held SaaS and Cloud Companies, is transforming and reinventing the way large corporations are managing their IT. Established in 2004, ServiceNow develops and delivers a comprehensive suite of cloud-based services for enterprise IT management. You are invited to be part of the success – join our team of dedicated professionals and grow your career with us!
We are seeking an outstanding attorney with 3-5 years of software licensing and SaaS experience to join our energetic legal team with primary responsibility for supporting Sales. The successful candidate will report to the Director of Legal and shall be located in Santa Clara, California.
The position requires a candidate who can provide careful work product in a very fast-paced, demanding and high-energy environment.
- Review and negotiate complex customer sales contracts and professional service-related agreements that meet the company’s requirements under its policies, including those for risk tolerance, while working collaboratively with the business team.
- Identify contractual risks and issues and suggest alternatives that lead to optimal solutions.
- Liaise with finance, sales operations, support, security and other business units at all levels throughout the organization.
- JD degree from an accredited law school.
- Current member of a state bar in good standing.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to manage and regularly prioritize heavy workload to meet deadlines and adjust to fluctuations in workload.
- Possesses a practical, real world, collaborative approach to problem solving in the context of enterprise sales, and the ability to make sound decisions and exercise good judgment.
- 3+ years of experience in the software industry supporting enterprise sales.
- Experience drafting and negotiating commercial contracts with emphasis on SaaS agreements and other technology related agreements.
- Strong legal negotiation skills as demonstrated through knowledge of the law and ability to confidently and professionally articulate position.
- Ability to understand complex contractual issues, assess risk and provide concise business-focused legal advice.
- Ability to remain flexible in a demanding and sometimes ambiguous business environment.
- Familiarity with various US federal and state privacy laws as well as global data privacy laws and regulations.
- Good understanding of revenue recognition principals.
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional, yet relaxed atmosphere.
« Back to Openings